Need help with 2 x Dell U2715h

Home Forums Help and Support Need help with 2 x Dell U2715h

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Michael Beecham
    Participant

Hi there,

I’m a new user to DisplayCal, and I’m feeling slightly overwhelmed by the array of options open to me, and am struggling to get a good calibration of my monitors.

For context, I’m running 2 x Dell U2715H’s, connected via DP ports into my Mid-2014 MacBook Pro. I guess it’s simply because I’m not sure what settings to choose, but I can’t seem to get a good calibration (to my eye, anyway!) of my left monitor…it always seems to come out slightly warmer than I feel it should be. I understand that colour temperatures change, etc, but this seems wrong straight off the bat and doesn’t seem to improve.

My right monitor seems ok but, again, I’m not really sure metric I could use to prove this.

The monitors DO have RGB and colour temperature controls but I’m almost never able to absolutely match them mid-point at the measurement stage.

I’m not sure if anyone can help suggest settings, etc to use. I could sure do with a calibration jedi master taking a padawan under his wing with this…and yes, I added the Star Wars references at the end to make myself seem a little cooler than I really am 😀

Thanks in advance.

Mike

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Hi,

I’m a new user to DisplayCal, and I’m feeling slightly overwhelmed by the array of options open to me

Defaults should work well.

[…] but I can’t seem to get a good calibration (to my eye, anyway!) of my left monitor…it always seems to come out slightly warmer than I feel it should be.

What you probably want to do is match the left monitor’s whitepoint to the one of the other monitor. See the visual whitepoint editor section in the documentation: https://displaycal.net/#settings_calibration_white_point

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS