Need help calibrating my LG monitor correctly

Home Forums Help and Support Need help calibrating my LG monitor correctly

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Jonny93
    Participant

Hello!

Yesterday, I downloaded DisplayCal for the first time to calibrate my monitor using my Spyder 5 colorimeter and I’m not sure I achieved the results I wanted. My monitor is supposed to cover 98% of DCI-P3 and I only achieved 91% after calibration without changing any setting except the  instrument mode to LCD White LED since my monitor is the new LG 38GL950G Nano IPS monitor. I also adjusted the RGB gain controls in the OSD to achieve 6500K color temperature and the Delta E avg. I got was 0.11.

Could someone tell me what settings to use in DisplayCal for the best possible results? I use the monitor at 175Hz 8bpc and YCbCr 4:2:2 but even when I switched to 120Hz 10 bit RGB I got the same results after calibration so there must be some settings I need to change in DisplayCal prior to the calibration process?

I have attached the profile which I got after calibration in case you want to check it. Thanks

• This topic was modified 4 years, 5 months ago by Jonny93.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Vincent
    Participant

LCD White LED is meant for sRGB LED monitors, use Spyder4/5 Widgamut LED option. That mode is not close to WLED PFS backlights (P3) or those YAG phosphor supposed to be in nano ips, but it may be closer.

Jonny93
    Participant

Thanks for your reply. I recalibrated using the WLED PFS 94% (Panasonic..) correction yesterday and got the best results so far but i cannot find a (Spyder4/5 Widegamut LED) option, I can only see a LCD CCFL Wide Gamut mode in the instrument section.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 5 months ago by Jonny93.

Jonny93
    Participant

LCD White LED is meant for sRGB LED monitors, use Spyder4/5 Widgamut LED option. That mode is not close to WLED PFS backlights (P3) or those YAG phosphor supposed to be in nano ips, but it may be closer.

I can only see these options

Vincent
    Participant

Sorry, I meant  LCD RGB LED, which is the only led widegamut correction for Spyder4/5 if you use their bundled corrections.

If you want to use i1d3 corrections (CCSS) the one you chose (WLED PFS Panasonic) is the proper one for P3 WLED PFS. If your nano IPS uses some YAG phosphor there is no one unless you make it(there was an SPD plot in some thread regarding nano ips).

Calibrite Display Pro HL on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Jonny93
    Participant

Im satisfied with the the current results of the WLED PFS Panasonic so I’ll just go with that. Thanks for the help!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS