Incorrect image display after monitor calibration

Home Forums Help and Support Incorrect image display after monitor calibration

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Lev Pavliuk
    Participant

Hello everyone, I calibrated my monitor using DisplayCal using the gamma curve 2.2 after which the images stopped displaying correctly in Photoshop and Camera Raw, that is, they became less contrast than they are displayed in any browser or on any of my devices, including on a computer outside Photoshop. The color settings are set correctly, that is, the sRGB space.

It is important that when calibrating using the sRGB curve or no calibration there is no such problem

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Vincent
    Participant

displayed in any browser or on any of my devices, including on a computer outside Photoshop.

Likely that your browsers (unlikely all of them), your devices (android) and other image viewers in another computer with no profiles display have NO COLOR MANAGEMENT ACTIVE.
    You see the images wrong on those devices. You see the images right on your profiled displsy while using photoshop (or any other image viewer with reliable color management support)

Also to avoid incompatibility issues make your display ICC profiles meant for “general use” with ICC color manageent engines as “SINGLE CURVE + MATRIX” in profile type (displaycal config), with black point compensation. These kind of idealized profiles should be supported by every color managed image viewer or browser.
    Let the “XYZprofiles” only for creating LUT3Ds.

• This reply was modified 1 week, 6 days ago by Vincent.

Ben
    Participant

2.2 gamma is not like srgb.   SRGB is like 1886 with a linear curve near black.    A 2.2 gamma with a 85% offset is like srgb.   Perhaps look at curves for your monitor with HCFR and try the offsets.  HCFR uses input offset and displaycal output offset.   1886 varies with your blackpoint.     Every device different blackpoint so the same looks different with the contrast.    The 2nd image has no black crush but less contrast.    the 1st image the tree on the left has almost black bark and is in a shadow.   Not like the 2nd image.   Native gamma for a display is a mix of 2.2 , srgb and 1886.  I try to keep them all in under 2 de or as low as can be.    Makes everything look ok no matter the source.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS