MacBook Pro 15" Touch Bar 2018 & Soft Proof

Home Forums Help and Support MacBook Pro 15" Touch Bar 2018 & Soft Proof

Viewing 4 posts - 31 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Author

jjjj
    Participant

Hmm, yes that should work. Just make sure there’s no GPU dependecies or external monitor connected (thou don’t know if gswitch would let you switch in that case anyways).

For what it’s worth my specs are: MBP 2018, Radeon 555 w/ i1Display Pro (High Sierra 10.13.6)

Also, I don’t know if this issue has anything do with it, but for eg this model of MBP doesn’t currently work with iMac in target display mode. There’s something wrong with the High Sierra GPU drivers or such..and is supposed to be fixed in next Mojave update.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 5 months ago by jjjj.

Calibrite Display Pro HL on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

rrliu
    Participant

Yeah, it should work, but it didn’t.  Did you already try your procedure with the Softproof presets and the GPU switched by gSwitch to “Discrete Only”?

There’s no second monitor connected to my MacBook Pro.  As I said, it’s really this preset that seems to be the problem, and, of the first four, the ones that interest me, it’s the only what that explicitly specifies the brightness.

itsab1989
    Participant

I remember having weird results regarding graphic card switching on my 2018 MBP as well (especially on mojave). What was strange is that the problem always disappeared after I logged out of my user account and then back in. That way I got consistent results no matter which graphic card was active.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Softproof preset

You cannot use this preset with Apple software like Preview. It corrects the black point hue with the calibration curves, which Apple software does not handle correctly. You either have to use a different preset, or disable calibration black point hue correction (if you’re not exclusively using software that supports softproofing to begin with, like Adobe Creative Suite, Gimp or similar, the “Softproof” preset isn’t for you anyway).

Viewing 4 posts - 31 through 34 (of 34 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS