Low srgb on 99% new panel

Home Forums Help and Support Low srgb on 99% new panel

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author

Artv
    Participant

Thanks. I set to 5500k because that’s my lighting setup. Is that right? Calibration speed default: high.

But I get fail as above.

I also tried using as measured but got first two fails as attached file. Is there anything I can do about this. Is it an issue.

Again – I didn’t tick simulation profile – should I?

Thank you!

Gidon

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Artv
    Participant

I wondered if it was an issue with device so bought a idisplay pro as you suggested originally.

Calibration takes 10 minutes versus 60 mins with the Spyder 5!

Delta E is impressive and don’t get the warnings – are you able to explain that?

But slightly more concerning is I was getting 99.1 sRGB with the Spyder 5 but now only 97.3% sRGB.

I find it bizarre that the 4 calibration devices I’ve tried (albeit 2 old ones the Spyder 3 and idisplay 1) – give completely different %age SRGB?

The monitor is spec’d at 99% – but I imagine this will vary depending on whitepoint and brightness you set the screen? Is that right? But all things being equal shouldn’t the Spyder 5 and idisplay pro show the same srgb coverage?

Just finally – for the idisplay pro – I can’t select white LED from mode – but should I select white led (LG) from correction or none?

Many thanks.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Delta E is impressive and don’t get the warnings – are you able to explain that?

A difference between assumed and measured whitepoint usually indicates display and/or instrument drift (if a whitepoint target was used at all – for native, it may just be the difference between that and a corresponding daylight target).

But slightly more concerning is I was getting 99.1 sRGB with the Spyder 5 but now only 97.3% sRGB.

That’s a difference of not even 2%, so I wouldn’t be concerned. Besides, with the i1D3 being the more accurate instrument, this is just likely the more accurate figure.

The monitor is spec’d at 99%

Always take manufacturers claims with a grain of salt – what they usually seem to do is calculate the gamut coverage as area in CIE x y, which is neither perceptually uniform nor acknowledging the fact that gamuts are 3D volumes.

Just finally – for the idisplay pro – I can’t select white LED from mode – but should I select white led (LG) from correction or none?

Yes, that’s normal. The i1D3 uses corrections instead of built-in display specific measurement modes.

Calibrite Display Pro HL on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Artv
    Participant

Thanks Florian 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS