LG 27GL850 Gaming Use Case HDR mode Calibration

Home Forums Help and Support LG 27GL850 Gaming Use Case HDR mode Calibration

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

John DeLuca
    Participant

Hello there let me start off by saying thank you all so much for making this amazing softwares free and open source!

I currently have a LG 27GL850 that I use for gaming and I wanted to calibrate it using my Spyder X Pro. The monior has shitty HDR but I’ll usually turn it on just because why not. When I go to calibrate my monitor should I had HDR mode on? From what I read it’s a pain in the ass to do an ICC on HDR, does that mean I should calibrate with HDR off and don’t even use it for gaming? It’s not even certified for HDR400. Will the ICC not work when HDR mode is on?

I also have a LG CX that I want to profile and I will post seperalu on that one, but should HDR be off for that too?

lastly, what about autoHDR on windows 11 should that be off too?

SpyderX Pro on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Vincent
    Participant

No HDR, do not use it, it’s and SDR display with a built int translator from HDR input to panel capabilities. Since this translator  cannot be disabled to run a patch generator (unless some propietary library from CALMAN or such) there is no way to calibrate HDR mode on any monitor.

John DeLuca
    Participant

Ah i see, so its not even worth it to use hdr because it’s not “real”, what about windows autoHDR?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS