Laptop LCD and Eizo CG277

Home Forums Help and Support Laptop LCD and Eizo CG277

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Victor Wolansky
    Participant

HI! Thanks a lot for such a great software, it works wonders and love the GUI. (Windows 64 10 bits)

I’m using a laptop that have a generic LCD, nothing really great, but at least does not have a huge color cast to correct, just a bit on the cold side, but nothing huge, and also using an Eizo CG277 connected on a display port, so it is receiving 10 bits color from Photoshop. My question is, given that the Eizo have its own color processing engine that can use LUTs at 16 bits, it will always be better than do the calibration on the GPU, can your software create the LUT needed for the Eizo monitor to load it on its hardware? And can it use the included probe of the Eizo display? If it is possible, or even if is not possible, how I make sure that the GPU does not have any color correction loaded for that Eizo display?

Can your sofware be used to at least test the quality and calibration of the Eizo monitor?

And I have a Colormunki Photo and a Spyder elite 4, which one is better? Is the Spyder 5 significantly better than the Spyder 4?  I have being thinking about getting a Spectracal C6, is that one supported by your software?

Thanks!!!!!

Calibrite ColorChecker Studio on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

can your software create the LUT needed for the Eizo monitor to load it on its hardware?

Unfortunately no. If you want to use the monitor’s hardware LUT, you’ll have to use the vendor software.

An alternative if the display supports 10 bits over DisplayPort is to test if it’s usable and use that instead (depends on your graphics card, its driver and applications – the only application I know that has 10bit capability is Photoshop from CS5 onwards if I’m not mistaken).

how I make sure that the GPU does not have any color correction loaded for that Eizo display?

On the “Calibration” tab, set tone curve to “As measured” and deactivate “Interactive display adjustment”. The button at the bottom will change to “Profile only”. When asked whether to include the current calibration, select “linear” instead.

And I have a Colormunki Photo and a Spyder elite 4, which one is better?

The ColorMunki Photo is a spectrometer and the Spyder4 a colorimeter, the latter is usually better suited for display measurements (although overall the ColorMunki should be more accurate).

Is the Spyder 5 significantly better than the Spyder 4?

I only have a Spyder5 so I have no comparison to a Spyder4. From other’s reports it seems to be mainly more accurate.

I have being thinking about getting a Spectracal C6, is that one supported by your software?

I have a C6 and it’s working, for what it’s worth.

Victor Wolansky
    Participant

Thanks! How you like the C6 compared to the Colormunki or Spyder 5?

You said:

On the “Calibration” tab, set tone curve to “As measured” and deactivate “Interactive display adjustment”. The button at the bottom will change to “Profile only”. When asked whether to include the current calibration, select “linear” instead.

Let me see if I understand, this will actually create a calibration that will load and will have no effect at all?

I’m getting an error message about some variable not set when I click on the calibration loading manager every time, but not in front of the machine now, so I will make another post about it when I gat back home.

Thanks for your prompt responses.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

I’m getting an error message about some variable not set when I click on the calibration loading manager every time

It’s probably this bug: #2077

A workaround is to set the taskbar to always show or try the file attached to the ticket.

Victor Wolansky
    Participant

Sory, I did not got an answer to this:

Let me see if I understand, this will actually create a calibration that will load and will have no effect at all?

Thanks

Florian Höch
    Administrator

How you like the C6 compared to the Colormunki or Spyder 5?

The C6 is basically the same as a i1 DisplayPro, i.e. quite good low light sensitivity and speed. The Spyders and even the ColorMunki Photo are relatively slow in comparison.

Yes (linear in = out).

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS