Incorrect Color in Windows applications and some websites after calibration

Home Forums Help and Support Incorrect Color in Windows applications and some websites after calibration

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

ChristofGrobelski
    Participant

Hi everyone,

I’ve done my best to google the solution to this issue and while it does seem to occur rather frequently I could not find a solution to the problem.

Here is the issue:

After calibrating my Monitors I have noticed that the Windows photo viewer as well as certain Websites (until now only one I have noticed, which is deviantart.com) are showing my images way too saturated. The images look fine in Photoshop, as well as in my browser on 99% of the websites. The images also look fine on other devices which leads me to believe that there seems to be a messup on windows’ part.

Here are my (relevant) specs and settings. If you need more information I can provide everything you need, no problem

Operating system: Windows 10 home 64bit

Graphics card: NVIDIA Gforce gtx 970

Monitors: Dell Ultrasharp U2711 and WACOM Cintiq 27HD

Calibration Device: x-rite i1 Display Pro

Windows Colormanagement Settings ( I am working on a German Version of Windows, so some translations might be inaccurate please ask if anything isn’t clear):

Monitor Profiles are set to the ICC profiles created by Display cal

Under Windows Color System default the device profile is set to sRGB IEC61966-2.1

“use windows display calibration” is ticked off

DisplayCAL profile loader is working.

Photoshop color space is also set to sRGB IEC61966-2.1

Any help would be greatly appreciated as well as hints if I am working with a windows or possibly a Photoshop issue here or if I am simply messing up some settings.

Calibrite Display Pro HL on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Hi,

the U2711 is a wide-gamut display, so only color managed applications will correctly display imagery that uses a smaller gamut (unless you set the monitor to its sRGB emulation mode, although if I recall correctly the latter isn’t very good or accurate).

ChristofGrobelski
    Participant

Yes I’ve read about this mentioned somewhere but was not sure how much I could trust that especially because there are around a billion “solutions” for that problem floating around as well.

Reading this from you gives me peace of mind though hahaha. Thank you very much!!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS