I want to generate ccss files I need help

Home Forums Help and Support I want to generate ccss files I need help

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author

burnping
    Participant

Hello Vincent, I tried to generate CCSS again but it still doesn’t work. I don’t know what went wrong. My goal is quantum dot backlighting. I read the spectrum of the four colors of RGB, but the four coordinates in CCSS are all black. I need your help below thank you Vincent

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

burnping
    Participant

I can’t display this now.

Attachments:

Vincent
    Participant

It’s not read at native gamut. I won’t use it. Looks like sRGB/Rec709 emulation (green is emulated, red too).

Order is not as expected: WGBR. Reorder spectral series, remember to put 401 samples and it shpuld work.
    I’m talking about EXCEL

CCSS attached, I won’t use it, not native gamut.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 6 months ago by Vincent.
    Attachments:

burnping
    Participant

Thanks for your help Vincent, my spectrum correction can be used now, but his spectrum energy is smaller than other CCSS. Do I need to scale up the data in a proportional manner? , The current matching CCSS test result i1 will be about 200K color temperature difference with my PR670 spectrometer, can I make it better?

Attachments:

Vincent
    Participant

You should not use that CCSS because it was not made at native gamut. I’ve explained that.
    No need to rescale it, but you can do it if you wish.

Also CCT difference is not a valid distance, mostly meaningless. Use dE00 + a*/b* to see where difference is placed. Assuming a suberb ref instrument, that i1d3 CCSS corrected error will be due to i1d3 firmware not matching actual sensiviy curves of your i1d3 as good as ref instrument is measuring spectral power distribution => it make be a fake error if using a “not true reference device” like an i1por2 measuting somo of these new PFS LEDs or a laser projector.

If you wish a perfect match between reference and your i1d3 you should create a CCMX, manually if PR670 is not supported by ARgyllCMS. Google “four-color matrix tristimulus correction”. ARgyll matrix creation I think that is a little different and more accurate but that 4-color method will do the job, it’s explained as math operations and you can skip diving into ArgyllCMS code to do manually the same thing.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 5 months ago by Vincent.

Calibrite Display Pro HL on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

burnping
    Participant

Hello Vincent, as shown in the picture, the spectral energy in the CCSS I generated is very small, do I need to manually amplify it?

Attachments:

Vincent
    Participant

You can scale it so you can plot it and inspect/see things that do not look as it should. Or use Excel to inspect it.

For CCSS use its should not matter the scale, but normalize to Y=100 if you wish.

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS