I want to generate ccss files I need help

Home Forums Help and Support I want to generate ccss files I need help

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author

burnping
    Participant

Hello Vincent. When I checked the CCSS, I found that some CCSS can accommodate two sets of spectral data. What are the reasons for doing this? Is there any benefit? How many sets of such data can the CCSS file contain at most?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Vincent
    Participant

Argyll (and Xrite counterparts) will generate a custom matrix correction for i1d3 that minimizes squared error of n display samples in EDR/CCSS. ArgyllCMS code, i1d3.c (i1d3_comp_calmat), will show you more detail

Calibrite Display Pro HL on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Vincent
    Participant

If you had a better minimization algorithm for n display samples you can place it there and recompile/test it.

burnping
    Participant

I don’t quite understand, is it possible to test several monitors of the same model, and then write all their data in to increase fault tolerance? Or can the different color gamut modes of the monitor generate spectral corrections separately to improve fault tolerance?

burnping
    Participant

I am worried that multiple samples will interfere with each other

burnping
    Participant

Can you leave me an email? I want to talk about more cooperation

Vincent
    Participant

Look at that ArgyllCMS function, it’s all there. Resulting n display sample correction is an “average” for all of them.
    Whitepoint of them (relative heights of each channel) is not relevant, only “shape”. Corrections for n  display shapes are “averaged”. If shapes (“shapes”, not “sizes”) are close, like in your example, individual displays correction will be very very close to “averaged”.

Vincent
    Participant

Easy to test. Split that 2 display sample in 2 CCSS (need to modify overaal samle number and each row ID). Measure WP with each one, calculate difference between 2 and averaged.

burnping
    Participant

Thank you for your answer. Compared with CCMX, CCSS has more information, so it has better versatility. Because CCSS can know the shape of the spectrum, CCMX can only know 7 points. As long as the data is different, ccmx cannot be used, because the same paragraph The spectra of the monitors are all similar, so a set of CCSS spectrum data is enough, right?

Vincent
    Participant

CCSS has half of the required information. The other half is stored on colorimeter firmware and you “trust” it to be accurate (sensivity curves). This is the reason they can be ported between different i1d3 and same display model or family (the other half information is provied by each colorimeter) . It’s all on argyllCMS code.

If you have a JETI or an EX1 you can avoid “trusting” i1d3 firmware and make a CCMX. It would make i1d3 match better the readings of your reference device… but it cannot be ported to other i1d3 => If you have a JETI use CCMX for you (it will be more accurate), but save a CCSS for others.

OTOH on a lesser device like an xrite spectro you may choose to trust i1d3 firmware if you suspect that even a 3nm reading is not a good match of afctual spectral power distribution (WLED PFS, myabe some widegamut CCFL). On less extreme spectral power distributions like common WLED (srGB only) CCSS and CCMX should bet a close match on average.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 7 months ago by Vincent.

burnping
    Participant

Hello Vincent, I tried to use the PR spectrometer to import the information to make a CCSS file, but it didn’t work. Can you help me see what went wrong?

Attachments:

Vincent
    Participant

There are 401 samples, not 402

NUMBER_OF_FIELDS 401

should fix that issue.

burnping
    Participant

Still nothing shows

Attachments:

Vincent
    Participant

Plotting SPD in Excel shows all is wrong. All are white samples of several WLED samples

You must generate 4 readings:
    WHITE 255 255 255
    RED 255 0 0
    GREEN 0 255 0
    BLUE 0 0 255
    => FOR EACH DISPLAY

Then pack those 4 spectral samples data in a CCSS

burnping
    Participant

我已经再生了一本 Excel, 看看

• This reply was modified 2 years, 6 months ago by burnping.
    Attachments:
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS