I need previous version, 3.3.2. for Mac! Where can I find it?

Home Forums Help and Support I need previous version, 3.3.2. for Mac! Where can I find it?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

tarna
    Participant

Hi,

I found, that my sensitive monitor, an LG W2420R (rgb led 100% adobergb) cannot be calibrated with the new – 3.3.3. – version of the program! Don’t know the reason, but I got terrible result after all the tries. Than I found the older version, 3.3.2. and I tried to calibrate with this version, which I have on may Windows ssd, and it was all okay.

The problem is, that I switched OS, I use Mac now, and I couldn’t calibrate this monitor with 3.3.3. I have another monitor, a Dell U2515H, that one is okay, no problem. I have an i1Display Pro colorimeter.

So I need the 3.3.2. MacOs version of DisplayCal, just can’t find it anywhere on the net..! Please Help me!

Regards,

Zoltán

Hungary

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Calibrite Display Pro HL on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Hi,

your monitor has an RGB LED backlight, so you should use the respective spectral correction. Also, it looks like a matrix profile is a bad fit to your monitor due to its nonlinearities. Try XYZ LUT + matrix.

tarna
    Participant

Hi Florian!

Thanks for answering so quickly! 🙂

For correction, you mean Tools/Correction/Check online for colorimeter correction? I found only 1 correction with that, but it says, CCFL, which is not correct for this monitor. See attachm.

Also, could you please check the screenshots, I don’t find the profile, you suggest (XYZ LUT + matrix).

Regards,

Zoltán

Attachments:

Florian Höch
    Administrator

To import the default X-Rite corrections, choose Tools -> Correction -> Import from other display profiling software. Make sure “i1 Profiler” is checked, then click “Auto”.

To change the profile type to XYZ LUT + matrix, set profiling testchart to “Auto” and move the slider to at least 115 patches. Note that you don’t need to take any new measurements, you can choose “Create profile from measurement data…” in the “File” menu and select the existing profile.

tarna
    Participant

I did exactly this way so far…

But okay, I tried it again, I did the whole measurment again with the usual  6500k, L*, 100cd (almost max, because i have to pull down the blue channel almost to minimum to match whitepoint).

Actually, almost okay this time, see attachm. What is strange,  opened windows, cautions, Finder and upper menu bar has a weird pinkish, violet hue, what is not normal. (no, not because of the color of the background pic, I tried with a lot of pctures!)

What do you think? 🙂

• This reply was modified 6 years, 8 months ago by tarna.
    Attachments:

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Actually, almost okay this time, see attachm

That looks good.

What is strange, opened windows, cautions, Finder and upper menu bar has a weird pinkish, violet hue, what is not normal. (no, not because of the color of the background pic, I tried with a lot of pctures!)

People keep telling me that it isn’t because of their background picture. I’ve looked into it many times, and they were wrong. The background picture does influence the color of the sidebar and menubar by design (I believe since El Capitan).

tarna
    Participant

No, believe me! 🙂 When I installed the new icc profil, I really saw the color change on everything! It can be seen the most, when a window is not active. That window changes immediatly to a pinkish hue. On my other monitor there is no trace of any disturbing hue. 🙂 I use the two monitor together. I know, other panel, other gamut, but the difference is clear.

What do you think about that black hue problem? The red mark on the result tab.  And also, the contrast is really weak unfortunatelly…

Huge thank you for the answers so far, Florian! Really appriciate that! 🙂

Florian Höch
    Administrator

When I installed the new icc profil, I really saw the color change on everything!

Which whitepoint did you calibrate to? What you observed is likely just the calibration becoming active.

What do you think about that black hue problem?

It just means your native black hue is far from the whitepoint hue. This is usually not a problem. You can enable black point correction (advanced option) on the “Calibration” tab and recalibrate/reprofile if it bothers you, but note that it will lower contrast.

And also, the contrast is really weak unfortunatelly…

If you’re calibrating to a whitepoint that is far from the native one, this can have adverse effects on the contrast ratio.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 8 months ago by Florian Höch.

tarna
    Participant

I always calibrate to 6500K. (sometimes I don’t know, if it is okay, or I should choose another option, 5800K for example…)

Okay, thanks, I will try once to check in black point comp.

On this monitor (LG W2420R) I have only one option to set the color channels, it’s a wrong way, I know, a scale, 50 at the mid, but yes, we never lift the potmeter, only lowering is an option. Few monitors have the right gain scale with 255. Even 100 at the max is better, but….I have this.  And also no offset, or gain specificly.  Just this.

(If a monitor has all these options, is it wotrh to calibrate both the whitepoint and blackpoint?)

Is there a set, you would recommend for calibrating with this software? I mean speed (low-medium-high) or number of patches, which gives the best result?

tarna
    Participant

Dear Florian!

Sorry to bother again, but I have a problem with 3.3.3. again on Mac. After the LG monitor was calibtrated with the result  you could see before, I tried to make also a nice profil to my other monitor, the Dell U2515H on my Mac.  After 5 or 6 try I could get only a weak green okay, I really don’t understand, what is happening.. 🙁  I did it with gamma 2.2, L*, 79 patches, 115, 175 pathces… Tried different settings. Only one time I got green result. Earlier, a few month ago I never had a problem.

I did the calibration also under Windows to see, what’s up, with the exact same settings both on the monitor and in the DisplayCal 3.3.2. version, and the result is really different… Under Windows everything is okay, like expectations, but under Sierra 12.6…… no good news.

Why it’s so different? (even on the same OS I got differentresults with the two version of the software!)

Please, could you give me a link to download and try the previous (3.3.2.) version on Mac? 🙂

I attached the results, the better was made on Windows (quite nice result), the other on Sierra 12.6.

Attachments:

tarna
    Participant

sorry, Windows screenshots again.

Attachments:

Florian Höch
    Administrator

I always calibrate to 6500K. (sometimes I don’t know, if it is okay, or I should choose another option, 5800K for example…)

6500K is a reasonable choice if you don’t have any specific requirements.

I will try once to check in black point comp.

Black point compensation is a different option. If you want to correct black point hue, you need black point correction (but it will lower the contrast).

If a monitor has all these options, is it wotrh to calibrate both the whitepoint and blackpoint?

On a LCD or OLED, never touch any black point (offset) controls unless you have really bad colorization of black that you can’t get rid of in another way.

Is there a set, you would recommend for calibrating with this software? I mean speed (low-medium-high) or number of patches, which gives the best result?

Defaults.

Why it’s so different? (even on the same OS I got differentresults with the two version of the software!)

You used a single curve + matrix profile on the Mac (which is less accurate). Use the default (XYZ LUT + matrix, 175 patches) for best accuracy.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS