Help calibration on laptop

Home Forums Help and Support Help calibration on laptop

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Max05
    Participant

I’m having difficulty calibrating a laptop for the first time. In need of some assistance. I’m using a i1Display Studio.

The laptop has an LG display as reported by display cal and even tho it is not wide gamut I was able to find a correction profile for the exact model.

First problem is in the white point temperature. The laptop is way too blue as reported by display cal when starting the profiling and it doesn’t have an osd to change it. Only option is using the AMD Adrenaline control panel and use the one color temperature slider but I’m not able to get anywhere close to D65. Because I don’t have any control over individual RGB channels.

Second problem I’m having is the the colors are clearing changing during the calibration. I’m using the auto optimized profile and it first does some color patches than some gray to create the profile of I understand correctly. But when it starts the actual 1500 patches or whatever everything in the background becomes much colder and blue. I feel like it influences the profiling.

After the profiling I created a 3d lut and loaded it into dwm_lut.

I then tried the verification in display cal

Display cal reports 50% sRGB. And best at 6000k. All colors are also really off.

I’m also noticing the same color change when doing the verification. Everything becomes much more blue.

Anything I’m doing wrong? Thanks in advance 🙂

• This topic was modified 4 months, 1 week ago by Max05.

Calibrite Display SL on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Ben
    Participant

I think I would wait to learn to do 3d lut.  You can get 2d good and then make a 3d lut.  3d lut is not really needed except for getting hardware to work better than the factory did.  It is fun to fix things though.

Vincent
    Participant

I’m having difficulty calibrating a laptop for the first time. In need of some assistance. I’m using a i1Display Studio.

The laptop has an LG display as reported by display cal and even tho it is not wide gamut I was able to find a correction profile for the exact model.

Non widegamut usually “White LED”.

First problem is in the white point temperature. The laptop is way too blue as reported by display cal when starting the profiling and it doesn’t have an osd to change it. Only option is using the AMD Adrenaline control panel and use the one color temperature slider but I’m not able to get anywhere close to D65. Because I don’t have any control over individual RGB channels.

Do nothing, let displayCAL handle it for you on GPU LUTs

Second problem I’m having is the the colors are clearing changing during the calibration. I’m using the auto optimized profile and it first does some color patches than some gray to create the profile of I understand correctly. But when it starts the actual 1500 patches or whatever everything in the background becomes much colder and blue. I feel like it influences the profiling.

After the profiling I created a 3d lut and loaded it into dwm_lut.

I then tried the verification in display cal

Display cal reports 50% sRGB. And best at 6000k. All colors are also really off.

I’m also noticing the same color change when doing the verification. Everything becomes much more blue.

Anything I’m doing wrong? Thanks in advance 🙂

Looks like DisplayCAL cannot apply grey calibration or undone what you did by GPU driver. Read 1st quote do nothing on GPU driver, restore whatever you did on driver and let DIsplayCAL handle RGB gain difference.

Regarding 50-60% sRGB coverage its typical for some office IPS laptops. They put an IPS panel and advertise it but LED backlight just gives 60% sRGB.
    Usually if you create and ICC profile from EDID ypu’ll see it before calibrating.

Also making a LUT3D without verifiying if DisplayCAL ICC profile matches display (no simulation profile at all) is usually a waste of time. Simple report first: make sure display and profile match. Then you try other stuff.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS