Has anyone here profiled Sony PVM-A250 OLED

Home Forums Help and Support Has anyone here profiled Sony PVM-A250 OLED

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author

mirekti
    Participant

Results seem plausible, but I wonder how stable the display is. Did you use the smallest possible patch size during measurements? Black background or default (APL background)? Attach the profile please.

I think I used the default settings (patch size and background). Not sure which profile you are referring to. In the previous reply I had attached Measure-4-Real-Relatrive.zip Inside of that zip are:
    1. Measurment report
    2. Profile Information screenshots (three)
    3. Application tab screenshots (four)

Is there something else I’d need to include?
    When you talk about display stability, this shouldn’t have anything to do with the power line “quality”, it is a mere display’s characteristic? Also, I always have a little doubt whether my probe is ok or not.

Good thing is (worst case scenario), I don’t see much difference between monitor’s default Rec.709 profile, and User1 profile in which I add 3D LUT to Resolve for monitoring. This indicates to me that the monitor itself is well calibrated in the factory. Of course, one thing is what I see and my perception of colors vs the probe’s “eye” and results measurement delivers.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Is there something else I’d need to include?

Yes (next to settings with the profile selected, click the “create compressed archive” button).

When you talk about display stability, this shouldn’t have anything to do with the power line “quality”, it is a mere display’s characteristic?

I’d assume so.

Also, I always have a little doubt whether my probe is ok or not.

Any specific reason for the doubts? The probe is probably ok if it is not physically damaged in some form.

Good thing is (worst case scenario), I don’t see much difference between monitor’s default Rec.709 profile

To check the monitor’s native response vs Rec. 709 gamma 2.4, disable “device link profile” on the verification tab and create a self check report or run a measurement report.

mirekti
    Participant

Here you go.

Thanks a lot!!!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

mirekti
    Participant

Yes (next to settings with the profile selected, click the “create compressed archive” button).

Here you go.

Thanks a lot!!!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Ok, that all looks fine, display stability doesn’t seem to be an issue at all. I think you’re good with the latest profile and LUT.

mirekti
    Participant

Thank you very much for great support and prompt answers, your help and work are truly appreciated!!!
    Is there any link for donations?

EDIT: Please ignore, I found it.

• This reply was modified 5 years ago by mirekti.

Jaakko Rinne
    Participant

Hey – I am looking at using Displaycal to create a 3D LUT for Rec.709/2.4 gamma for Resolve for the same monitor (Sony A250). However, I am wondering what rendering intent should be used when the monitor is supposed to use Judd offset for white point?

Should I be using Relative colorimetric, to preserve the offset white point in the 3D LUT? The default for Resolve is Absolute colorimetric with white point scaling, but if I’ve understood correctly, that is going to shift the actual whitepoint to the Rec.709 white point in the 3D LUT?

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS