Fix for green/pink backgrounds in Finder and other menus on Mac

Home Forums Help and Support Fix for green/pink backgrounds in Finder and other menus on Mac

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Profile looks fine.

VincentTam
    Participant

Thanks Florian but in MacOS it does have that green tint in the system UI, any clue why is that?

Florian Höch
    Administrator

It’s a Mac OS X bug, nothing that can be done about it, Apple needs to fix it. Note that it doesn’t seem to occur on every system (my own Mac OS X system is always fine).

VincentTam
    Participant

It’s a Mac OS X bug, nothing that can be done about it, Apple needs to fix it. Note that it doesn’t seem to occur on every system (my own Mac OS X system is always fine).

Thanks Florian, I guess I will have to stick with Matrix profile for now.

Aaron
    Participant

Hi there, I’m seeing the green/pink tint on my MacBook Pro 15″ 2017 with BenQ PD3200U calibrated with Spyder 5. I’ve attached my profile. Is there any workaround for this at all? It makes the profiles not usable and I only bought an Express, and as I understand it that software isn’t up to snuff.

Has the bug been reported to apple?

VincentTam said he would stick with a Matrix profile, what is that?

The other thing that is odd is that that profile came back with only 95% or so (I don’t remember, it was a couple days ago) sRGB supported, though this monitor is supposed to be 100%.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

keith
    Participant

I have two Benq BL2710s that I’ve calibrated with DisplayCal 3.3.2 and a Spyder3. I’m getting the same cyan/magenta green/pink issues that others are getting.

The main issue for me is that some apps (DisplayCal is one) will display greys as strange pink hues, but only on one of the two displays. When I shift a window to one display, it is pink before it corrects itself. When I shift it back to the other display, it is green before it corrects itself.  These two monitors with their default profiles look quite similar already, so the profiles should not be substantially different.

I’m not so sure this is an issue with OS X, as I had similar issues calibrating Dell U2713HM and U2410 monitors, but eventually fixed the issue (i’m not sure how, I just played with settings, recalibrating a few times). I get the feeling that it is something about the profiles DisplayCAL generates with certain settings.

warpedgeoid
    Participant

I’m attempting to gather additional information about this issue, as I’m experiencing it on one Mac but not the other, and I’m hopeful that we can figure this out.

How many of you are using an external monitor connected via DisplayPort or HDMI?

Are any of you using displays that show as ARGB2101010 under Framebuffer Depth in System Information?

Finally, I wanted to add that a profile created for my LG 27EA83-D using basiCColor and a ColorMunki Photo spectrometer shows the same problem, so it appears that this isn’t a DisplayCAL/ArgyllCMS issue, but a larger issue with color management on OS X.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Calibrite ColorChecker Studio on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS