First Timer to Calibration using X-Rite Create

Home Forums Help and Support First Timer to Calibration using X-Rite Create

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

QuestVent
    Participant

Hello. I’m trying to get my wife’s 3 monitors to match up as closely as possible and I’ve got an old X-Rite colormunki Create. The calibration device looks similar to what they call the ‘Smile’ now, but it’s old, I think it was probably marketed as the ‘Create’, and is about the size and shape of a computer mouse, and is white in color. The colorimeter is probably 10 years old, so X-Rite software no longer supports it.
    ArgyllCMS is installed and the device is giving feedback to the app, which is good. My problem is that when DisplayCal Interactive Display Adjustment does the whitepoint / whitelevel measurement, the device detects RGB so that red and blue are about 1/4 of the way up, green is all the way maxed out. It does this regardless of which monitor I use it on, which makes me think that the colorimeter device profile is wrong and needs to be corrected. I did try to correct one of the monitors so that DisplayCAL read the white point as spot-on, and all of the whites were…pink, which is to be expected if the colorimeter is giving the wrong values.

I also looked to see if anyone contributed ccmx files for any of my monitors / colorimeter and they haven’t.
    Has anyone else had this type of result, and is it correctable or is the colorimeter just faulty?

Basic software
    DisplayCAL (Currently 3.7.2)
    ArgyllCMS just installed today with DisplayCAL
    Windows 10 Home (Currently up-to-date)

Basic hardware information is:
    MSI Titan GT80S 6QD (2x NVidia GTX 970M SLI)
    Display 1: Laptop panel XJY7J-184HL
    Display 2: HP LP2475w (Wide Gamut)
    Display 3: Wacom Cintiq 13HD

Any help anyone can give me to point me in the right direction would be appreciated, of if you need more information let me know.

Thanks,
    Jason

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Hi,

depending on the state of the filters inside the colorimeter, you may be out of luck – they use gelatin and do age. My old i1Display2 has reached its useful lifespan due to this, it’s no longer suitable for color measurement. You can still try your luck with one of the generic i1D2 corrections for your backlight type(s).

QuestVent
    Participant

Thanks for the reply. It does make sense that the filters would degrade over time, which is probably what happened here. Thanks again.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS