feature request to suppor .cal files and read current gpu gamma table

Home Forums Help and Support feature request to suppor .cal files and read current gpu gamma table

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 52 total)
  • Author

Vincent
    Participant

That is up to you. IDNK where you store files.

subalternpushing
    Participant

both LG TV before.icm and LG TV.cal are stored in O

subalternpushing
    Participant

also using C root …same issue

Vincent
    Participant

Output from command says the opposite. Also ICM is not attached.

subalternpushing
    Participant

well im confused , i really dont care what directory i gotta use , just help me get this to actually work , thanks , also heres the icm and cal files fresh from displaycal

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

subalternpushing
    Participant

also for the display , forgot that one

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Vincent
    Participant

argyll: Error – rspl: rev_interp can’t handle di = 1071296905

Report bug to ArgyllCMS maillist (if it’s a bug). It’s not related to DisplayCAL, it’s related to ArgyllCMS.

.cal file seems OK (256×4, 1 input 3 outputs = 4) and I did not see something weird in base icm. I created a synth Rec709 profile with 2.2 gamma as TRC and same error.

Attach .cal in maillist and say that you want to attach that grey calibration to a sRGB/Rec709 simple matrix profile with 2.2 gamma. Maybe there is something wrong in .cal file that I cannot locate on a fast inspection. I’m using 2.1.2

subalternpushing
    Participant

even tho now ive simply renamed files accordingly to native names as such and put those also into the bin folder>

calfile.cal

inprof.icm

and opened command window inside the bin folder , then used following command>

applycal -a calfile.cal inprof.icm outprof.icm

i get following output now >

argyll: Error – rspl: rev_interp can’t handle di = 1071296905

yeah …guess ill have to bug report apparently indeed , damn it!

p.s also got the latest x64 build version

subalternpushing
    Participant

hell ive even made a batch to make this simple one click , but yeah above error is a bitch , batch>

@echo OFF
    Title Convert .cal and .icm to working usable Full .ICM Profile
    ::Convert .cal and .icm to working usable Full .ICM Profile
    cd /D “C:\extra\system tools\Argyll_V2.1.2\bin\”
    applycal -a calfile.cal inprof.icm outprof.icm

subalternpushing
    Participant

ive also contacted its creator directly , now we wait and hope for an update to support synth .cal integration into .icm, fingers crossed, also linked him to this thread

subalternpushing
    Participant

ok getting in contact directly with dev was gold…so far hes managed to get the process fixed atleast …so now you can atlest proper convert …BUT still for some odd reason dont proper integrate .cal file into .icm output file aka its not using the .cal settings

heres the updated   applycal.exe from him for yourselfes to test out

https://www.argyllcms.com/win64_V2.2.1beta_applycal.zip

applying .cal by itself per DisplayCals menu vs the output.icm …youl see the difference in calibrations aka .cal not proper integrated into output.icm

Vincent
    Participant

It looks that is does not work that way. It changed TRC, not VCGT. It was meant fro printers! My fault.
    Reading latest doc:

NOTE that things like the white point, black point tag, gamut tag etc. are not adjusted to account for the calibration, nor does applycal read, add or change any ‘vcgt’ tag (If a ‘vcgt’ tag is present and a calibration applied as well, then both will be in effect when such a profile is installed using typical display installation tools.)

Diving into maillist:

Post by Stephen T
    dispcal (which is all I want). Is it possible to insert the vcgt tag into any profile (sRGB
    profile in my case)? How?

Reply:

Not directly using Argyll. You could do it indirectly by creating an sRGB profile. You could
    do this by creating a synthetic set of test points (say 5000-10000), use fakeread with
    the sRGB profile to create the profile data, add the calibration curve table to the
    data, and then create the profile using colprof. I’m not sure if that’s any easier
    than what you are currently doing though !

+

https://www.avsforum.com/threads/a-tool-to-embed-vcgt-tag-in-icc-profile.1771146/post-29311625

If you have a colorimeter using matrix+singlecurve + BPC and simplest 34 patch set will be the shortest way.

subalternpushing
    Participant

https://www.avsforum.com/threads/a-tool-to-embed-vcgt-tag-in-icc-profile.1771146/post-29311625

well , cant find what hes been instructing

also no color meter , i want my own hand tweaked synth .cal files vcgt added into .icm properly

Vincent
    Participant

He is saying that what you want won’t be included in DisplayCAL because users can mess with it and unless useed carefully obtain/forge inaccurate profiles.
    As alternative he suggest to load grey calibration and then “profile only” display, but that needs a colorimeter.

Maybe with a lot of effort you can forge/fake expected sRGB readings  (in a synthetic way, like matlab or argylls icclu/xicclu) for 34 patch bassic matrix profile and make a .ti3, then feed it into DisplayCAL in File/create profile from measurement data.

In the same thread other vendors suggest they paid apps for what you want.

subalternpushing
    Participant

ok and you think you could atleast make both the profiles ive posted including theyre vcgts into a proper .icm each , till someone manages to post a tool that does said function aka integrate vcgt from .cal into .icm, would really appreciate

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 52 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS