feature request to suppor .cal files and read current gpu gamma table

Home Forums Help and Support feature request to suppor .cal files and read current gpu gamma table

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 52 total)
  • Author

Etherpixel56
    Participant

feature to support capture of calibration currently residing in video card gamma table and saving it as profile

this app does this >  https://bitbucket.org/CalibrationTools/calibration-tools/src/master/

ive tried its .cal file it creates with DisplayCAL , but theres no way to import them into profiles to be able to have DisplayCAL use it

this tool has no profile switching on display switching capability unlike DisplayCAL, which i need since i switch between displays during the day,

and maybe if possible take over the other features from said tool it supports as well optionally

subalternpushing
    Participant

i hope this feature will be added or someone able to modify mentioned app

subalternpushing
    Participant

anybody?

subalternpushing
    Participant

well ..anybody , itd be nice @devs if you could integrate this feature

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Already possible. Set all options on the calibration tab to “As measured”.

subalternpushing
    Participant

great …problem is i dont have a calibration tool and thus i need a option to do this profile creation without one, just like the tool ive posted had the ability to do so

Florian Höch
    Administrator

That’s outside the scope of a true calibration application.

subalternpushing
    Participant

shouldnt it be doable ? to just add in an option ? would do me one hell of a favor for sure

SirMaster
    Participant

Can you use this to dump the current gamma ramp to an appropriate file?

http://goebish.free.fr/cpk/

subalternpushing
    Participant

unless DisplayCAL supports cpk files i recon no?

subalternpushing
    Participant

since the above mentioned app captures a .cal file BUT isnt supported apparently by DisplayCal since it wont show in Profile Association

https://bitbucket.org/CalibrationTools/calibration-tools/src/master/

ive put the captured gamma table .CAL file captured with that App in C:\Windows\System32\spool\drivers\color.   wont show up in the list

Vincent
    Participant

great …problem is i dont have a calibration tool and thus i need a option to do this profile creation without one, just like the tool ive posted had the ability to do so

-DisplayCAL-curve-viewer.exe save current VCGT to .cal
    -Create ICM profile from EDID data (1st DisplayCAL menu)
    -Look in ArgyllCMS command line tools how to attach a .cal inside a display profile VCGT. It should have such functionality butI donot remember how it was done

=> You end with a profile that behaves “as display should be according to manufacturer” with an additional grey calibration applied.

subalternpushing
    Participant

dont work , is greyed out

does not create profile from current gpu gamma table

-Look in ArgyllCMS command line tools how to attach a .cal inside a display profile VCGT. It should have such functionality butI donot remember how it was done

have no idea how to do this , btw simply adding support for .Cal files to be loaded as display device profile would solve the issue i recon aka load calibration on login and preserve calibration state but for .Cal Files, since it works if i select load calibration curves from calibration file and select my .Cal file that ive saved with Calibration Tools App but of course since the said load and lock function dont support .Cal files currently as soon as i play around in nvidias controlpanel it wont instant reset back to said .Cal files calibration , feature would be appreciated a ton!

Vincent
    Participant

dont work , is greyed out

does not create profile from current gpu gamma table

have no idea how to do this , btw simply adding support for .Cal files to be loaded as display device profile would solve the issue i recon aka load calibration on login and preserve calibration state but for .Cal Files, since it works if i select load calibration curves from calibration file and select my .Cal file that ive saved with Calibration Tools App but of course since the said load and lock function dont support .Cal files currently as soon as i play around in nvidias controlpanel it wont instant reset back to said .Cal files calibration , feature would be appreciated a ton!

There is no need:

https://www.argyllcms.com/doc/applycal.html

Generate an ICC from EDID, add your cal to it, set as displayprofile. Change between several “cal”s with DisplayCAL tray

subalternpushing
    Participant

tried in the same directory i put the .cal and created icc profile then applied this >

applycal [-options] [calfile.cal] inprof.icm [outprof.icm]

in Windows CMD … and it says >

applycal not recognized as internal or external command, operable program or batch file

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 52 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS