feature request to suppor .cal files and read current gpu gamma table

Home Forums Help and Support feature request to suppor .cal files and read current gpu gamma table

Viewing 7 posts - 46 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • Author

Vincent
    Participant

IDNK of such free tool, I thought apply cal acted on VCGT and not in TRC.

Maybe you can get some other matrix profile (No CHAD PCS d50 white), replace primaries & white coordinates & TRC with the “before” profile you have and then replace VCGT contents with yours (need to scale to 16bit int). A lot of HEX editor work.

subalternpushing
    Participant

well i hope someone can help out here then , im surprised im the only one …except for that other guy in said thread that wants this functionality  even more so absolutely needs it, anybody got a good solution …without a colorimeter or tons of hex editing …would appreciate , been at this for quite a while and still am looking for that solution , means alot to me

subalternpushing
    Participant

still would appreciate it

subalternpushing
    Participant

so i might have a way ….per batch and .vbs magic and having calibration tools use a day and night separate perma file , BUT i need someone to help out to give me a solution how to either per powershell  or other way to detect current display being rendered to ….like DisplayCAL is able to detect , heres my powershell thread….that currently aint getting nowhere , would appreciate

https://www.reddit.com/r/PowerShell/comments/nndngf/run_a_scriptbatch_when_monitor_changes/h08orja/

subalternpushing
    Participant

ok with some more feedback and a generous dev …FINALLY !!!

full synthetic VCGT.cal into icm importing and exporting !! it works so damn good now, this from the dev >

Looks like you are in luck – the COVID-19 lockdown here has delayed some
    deadlines, so I managed to spend a few hours working on a new tool.

You can find the Win10 binary here:
    <https://www.argyllcms.com/win64_V2.2.1beta_iccvcgt.zip&gt;

Doco is here: <https://www.argyllcms.com/doc/iccvcgt.html&gt;

Hope this does what you are looking for.

Graeme Gill.

…..and it does so fn well !

heres abit of instructions to make life easy>

put resulting .icm Profile aka output.icm renamed to your preference… into C:\Windows\System32\spool\drivers\color
    for it to show up in selectable Display Color Profiles

how to import VCGT.cal into input.icm, heres a batch script>

@Echo OFF
    Title Import VCGT.cal and synthetic .icm Profile to working usable Full .ICM Profile with VCGT.cal settings
    ::Import VCGT.cal and synthetic .icm Profile to working usable Full .ICM Profile with VCGT.cal settings
    cd /D “C:\Argyll_V2.1.2\bin\”
    iccvcgt -i inprofile.icm curves.cal outprofile.icm

subalternpushing
    Participant

make sure to name your file names accordingly aka VCGT.cal to curves.cal , random synthetic icm profile aka input profile …and thats it

subalternpushing
    Participant

my request now would be for an option to set the autoload and force profile only for certain displays, would make this perfect

Viewing 7 posts - 46 through 52 (of 52 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS