Error code

Home Forums Help and Support Error code

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

MrDelano
    Participant

XP SP3 32bit,  DisplayCal profile loader 3.7.1.3, upon clicking Profile associations…  this occurs:

UnboundLocalError: Local variable ‘scope_changed’ referenced before assignment
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File “DisplayCAL\profile_loader.pyc”, line 3019, in _set_profile_associations
    File “DisplayCAL\profile_loader.pyc”, line 571, in __init__
    File “DisplayCAL\profile_loader.pyc”, line 826, in update
    File “DisplayCAL\profile_loader.pyc”, line 887, in update_profiles
    UnboundLocalError: local variable ‘scope_changed’ referenced before assignment

Then nothing.

I also try to Install the profile via DisplayCal, and get:

[Windows Error 2] The system cannot find the file specified: schtasks.exe

So this issue leads to a question of workaround.  I created multiple profiles with DisplayCal, but I wish to stick with one I created before the last one.  Since I can’t manage associations with the loader itself, can you confirm the loader applies the ICC profile that has been associated to the display as default in Windows?  I set the one I prefer there, I just want to ensure the loader is also choosing that one since I cannot do it with either of the above commands.

Thank you

• This topic was modified 5 years, 3 months ago by MrDelano.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Windows XP isn’t really supported anymore, even though the base software may still work. I would highly recommend upgrading to a current OS so you can get vital security updates.

MrDelano
    Participant

I don’t need to explain the circumstances of what I am using.  The current Displaycal version does state XP and up.  I would have appreciated an answer to the question so I am able to check for a workaround.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

The current Displaycal version does state XP and up.

Yes, and that will be changed for the next release (the documentation is wrong there).

I would have appreciated an answer to the question so I am able to check for a workaround.

Someone else who is still using XP will have to chime in.

MrDelano
    Participant

It’s not a usage question, it was a question for you about how the association is programmed.  “can you confirm the loader applies the ICC profile that has been associated to the display as default in Windows?”

Florian Höch
    Administrator

I can confirm under Windows 7 and 10. I don’t have XP (anymore).

MrDelano
    Participant

Ok, so the behavior of displaycal loader is to defer to the default ICC in Windows.   I wasn’t sure they even talked to each other, so that’s good to know.  Reset gamma table works, then when I click load calibration I see a change with correct colours and gamma.  I just can’t manage associations within displaycal itself, but given your response it seems that function is superfluous as long as the right profile is made default in Windows (I use the XP Color control panel applet to be sure).  On Windows 10, I was setting the profile in displaycal but it seems I don’t need to do that there either.   So, choose profile in Windows, and allow loader to load and preserve on startup.

MrDelano
    Participant

I’ve located older versions on Sourceforge which I’d like to test for the loader.  Which previous version number was the last tested with XP?

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Ok, so the behavior of displaycal loader is to defer to the default ICC in Windows.

Yes.

Which previous version number was the last tested with XP?

I don’t remember. That must have been around five years ago. Note that the current version should run fine on XP, but certain functionality won’t be available.

MrDelano
    Participant

Thank you.  And the ‘profile info’ exe, that reports on the currently active profile?

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Sorry, I don’t understand the question.

MrDelano
    Participant

There is a link in my start menu folder called Profile Info.  It points to “DisplayCAL-profile-info.exe”.  So when I run it, it shows me data of a ICC profile.  The profile it shows is the one that is current and default?

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Yes.

MrDelano
    Participant

Fantastic, thank you.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS