Does Anyone Know About DIY Panel Replacement?

Home Forums Help and Support Does Anyone Know About DIY Panel Replacement?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Rexery
    Participant

Sorry its not directly related to calibration, but I wasn’t having good luck on Reddit, and I’ve seen some knowledgeable people here whilst lurking in the past.

The panel on my LG 27GL850 is broken.
    I found a seller for the correct panel on Alibaba. (LM270WQA-SSA1)
    Is it as simple as ordering the correct panel, popping the other one out, and popping the new one in?
    I’m not worried about the actual process of replacing the old panel with the new; I’m sure I can figure it out.
    My (maybe naive) concern is that perhaps manufacturers like LG, Lenovo, might preconfigure their panels somehow in order to be compatible with their specific monitor; even if it is the same panel. Especially since the specs vary so much in contrast etc. between different manufacturers units with the same panel. (Ie. Lenovo y27q-20 claims 1000:1 contrast, whilst LG 27GL850 claims 800:1)
    Should I be worried about something like this? Or will any LM270WQA-SSA1 panel I get from China do the trick?
    Bonus points if anyone has a guess as to where a dude on Alibaba would get a spare panel to sell me. Could it be a dead pixel RMA, or do they just get rid of those? He claims it’s ordered from LG Korea, but I don’t believe it. At least I can see it’s in the original plastic with manufacturer stickers in the picture.
    Thanks

• This topic was modified 4 years, 1 month ago by Rexery.

Joel
    Participant

Hi,

I have replaced panels several times without problem.

For manufacturer’s specifications, it’s more complicated.

However, you will have to pay attention for the dead pixels and the guarantees associated with its.

Naturally, you will need to calibrate your monitor, to see if you you’re getting close to your previous characteristics.

Good luck ????.

Rexery
    Participant

That’s reassuring.

May I ask where you get your replacement panels?

Here is a direct link to the one I am considering ordering. It is the only one I could find under $300 including shipping and fees. Would you order this panel in my shoes?
    https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/27-inch-Original-new-LCD-screen_62451636402.html

Thanks for the help.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 1 month ago by Rexery.

Joel
    Participant

Hi,

Never bought on the alibaba site. I do research on the Internet and I buy from the highest bidder, on known sites and safe.

I pay with PayPal to be sure of being refunded, when I’ve a doubt.

Good luck

Rexery
    Participant

What sites are these? Just sites like like ebay? I searched the specific panel I wanted and all I came up with was alibaba as far as reasonable prices.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS