DisplayCAL verification on Mac

Home Forums Help and Support DisplayCAL verification on Mac

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

garrison
    Participant

Hi!

The question is about verification of ICC profile with DisplayCAL that was created outside using i1Profiler. Tried to do it on macOS (12.1), but DisplayCAL doesn’t allow — “Measurement report” button is grayed out with Settings set to <Current>, although profile is installed on macOS as default for display. And the Settings dropdown list doesn’t contain such i1Profiler profile. Only native display profile, that was created using DisplayCAL, finally could be verified. And there is no such problem on Windows — DisplayCAL successfully verifies display profiles that were created using i1Profiler. Is there any way to verify display profiles from i1Profiler on macOS?

Vincent
    Participant

Explained in other thread last week. I d not remember which one

garrison
    Participant

Explained in other thread last week. I d not remember which one

I found in this thread that there is a workaround for such bug (or not a bug?) on macOS:

• need to check “Simulation profile” and manually select the ICC-profile for display that needs to be verified
    • set “Tone Curve” to Unmodified

Is that correct?

Vincent
    Participant

Yes, that thread

garrison
    Participant

Thanks, Vincent, I’ll try it with Mac soon. So, is it a bug or a feature?

Vincent
    Participant

For me it’s a bug, but my DisplayCAL does not suffer from it (windows + used it for years so these “first run” issues do not happen for me)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS