DisplayCAL Profile Loader Issue

Home Forums Help and Support DisplayCAL Profile Loader Issue

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author

MrHugelberg
    Participant

doesn’t matter if the game is in fullscreen or windowed. as soon as i start the game (overwatch in my case) it resets my profile and it doesn’t reload it after i close the game either

While the profile loader is closed, edit %APPDATA%\DisplayCAL\DisplayCAL-apply-profiles.ini (with Notepad) and add the following line (e.g. at the bottom):

profile_loader.buggy_video_drivers = nvidia

The relaunch the profile loader. Does it help?

my log is in the attachement. i started overwatch in fullscreen mode then i changed my settings to borderless windowed and then i closed the game and the profile loader.

Why did you close the profile loader? Calibration is reloaded in intervals of around three seconds.

that actually fixed it, thank you! so the problem is caused by nvidia driver? i tried 3 different ones before and none of them fixed it T_T

i closed the profile loader because windows didn’t let me move the .log file

locc
    Participant

I did full uninstall of nvidia drivers again. (safe mode, display driver uninstaller, DDU). Uninstall and reinstall of DCAL. No help for profile loader working. Then I added the line [profile_loader.buggy_video_drivers = nvidia] which you suggested and… it works again!

At the very same time with Creators update nvidia released display divers with creators update support. As the profile loader stopped working at that very moment I think its nvidia to blame indeed. Even latest nvidia drivers  (382.05) release notes mention issues related to colors :
    – NVIDIA Control Panel custom color settings are reset to the default after switching a
    game between windowed and full-screen mode.
    – NVIDIA Control Panel custom color profiles and ICC profiles are lost when using the
    Microsoft Game Bar.

Those are not directly related but close. I’ve disabled game bar earlier with no help with profile loader. With the edited .ini profile loader works though. Thanks for the help.

Warner
    Participant

Just wanted to let you know that adding “profile_loader.buggy_video_drivers = nvidia” in the .ini file fixed these same issues for me.  I am using the latest nvidia drivers 382.05 with a GTX 970 and Windows 10×64 with the Creators Update.  This fix needs to be added in the .ini by default.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 11 months ago by Warner.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Ok, we know now this happens with nVidia and Win10 Creators Update. Can someone with an AMD card confirm this problem, or are AMD drivers unaffected?

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS