DisplayCAL Profile Loader Issue

Home Forums Help and Support DisplayCAL Profile Loader Issue

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author

Sean Willis
    Participant

Right clicking the tray icon does nothing. So I cant change the settings.

Running Windows 10 x64 Creators Update

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Hi,

please attach logs. Open DisplayCAL, select “Show log window” in the “Tools” menu, then click the “Create compressed archive…” button on the log window (do not use “Save as…”, this would only include the session log). Thanks.

Sean Willis
    Participant

Here you go. Thanks

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

There’s nothing in the logs that would indicate a problem related to interaction, the loader detects madVR and DisplayCAL, so seems to be working as intended. Does a single-click on the loader icon show a status popup? Is your right mouse button bound to the default “right-click” action (in case you’re using a configurable mouse)?

Sean Willis
    Participant

Yes and yes my right click works everywhere else regularly. And works on other tray icons.

locc
    Participant

Could this be Creators update related issue? For me profile loader works apart that it wont automatically correct and load profile if example a game changes it.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Could this be Creators update related issue?

I’ll know tomorrow.

For me profile loader works apart that it wont automatically correct and load profile if example a game changes it.

Some games set gamma via Direct3D APIs that are separate from the desktop API. There’s nothing that can be done about that, but you can use a 3D LUT via ReShade instead which incorporates the 1D calibration.

locc
    Participant

Thanks for quick reply. I explained my issue badly. I meant that example after I close game calibration profile doesn’t load automatically when I am back on desktop. I need to manually do “reset video card gamma table” and then re-enable “load calibration…”. Not sure if its Creators update related or not but started after it 🙂

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Not sure if its Creators update related or not but started after it

Check in Windows color management settings under advanced settings if Windows display calibration is enabled. If so, disable it.

locc
    Participant

It is not enabled. I still lean towards that this has something to do with Game Mode and DVR changes which came with Creators update. I’ll keep digging and try reinstall of DCAL.

MrHugelberg
    Participant

i’m having the same problem with the profile loader :/

I’m pretty sure it has something to do with win 10 1703 aka creators update. I never had any issues at all with the profile loader and now i have because i updated my windows yesterday so it would suprise me if that doesn’t have something to do with version 1703

it automatically reloaded my profile all the time when i played overwatch before

locc
    Participant

I did reinstall of display drivers, DCAL, re-apply of profiles, disabled game dvr and game mode. Nothing helped. Only manually resetting gamma table and re-enabling Load Calibration works . This was not needed before Creators update at least. Still not sure is it related.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

I’ve not had any videoLUT related issues since the Creators update. If you would like me to look into this, please provide the following information:

• Graphics card and driver version
    • Number of connected (not disabled) displays and number of active displays out of those
    • In the case of multiple displays:
      • Is extended desktop enabled? (mirroring will NOT work)
      • Is “automatically fix profile associations” enabled in the profile loader? (required for correct multi display operation)
    • Windows calibration enabled or disabled (Windows color management settings -> advanced -> change system defaults). It needs to be disabled if you want to use the profile loader instead.
    • Are the profile associations correct?
    • Is the calibration not being (re-)applied when in a fullscreen game? If so, then it’s unlikely that something can be done about it with the profile loader (see my remarks above).
    • Is a game resetting the desktop calibration, and it is not automatically restored by the profile loader after the game has closed?
    • Provide the profile loader logfiles (%APPDATA%\DisplayCAL\logs\DisplayCAL-apply-profiles.log*)

MrHugelberg
    Participant

I’ve not had any videoLUT related issues since the Creators update. If you would like me to look into this, please provide the following information:

• Graphics card and driver version
    • Number of connected (not disabled) displays and number of active displays out of those
    • In the case of multiple displays:
      • Is extended desktop enabled? (mirroring will NOT work)
      • Is “automatically fix profile associations” enabled in the profile loader? (required for correct multi display operation)
    • Windows calibration enabled or disabled (Windows color management settings -> advanced -> change system defaults). It needs to be disabled if you want to use the profile loader instead.
    • Are the profile associations correct?
    • Is the calibration not being (re-)applied when in a fullscreen game? If so, then it’s unlikely that something can be done about it with the profile loader (see my remarks above).
    • Is a game resetting the desktop calibration, and it is not automatically restored by the profile loader after the game has closed?
    • Provide the profile loader logfiles (%APPDATA%\DisplayCAL\logs\DisplayCAL-apply-profiles.log*)
    • GTX 1080 Driver 381.78
    • 2 1080p Monitors (60hz and 120hz, the 60hz is disabled most of the time. if i have it enabled , its on extended)
    • Windows calibration is disabled. i’ve checked it and unchecked the box  multiple times
    • profile associations are correct
    • doesn’t matter if the game is in fullscreen or windowed. as soon as i start the game (overwatch in my case) it resets my profile and it doesn’t reload it after i close the game either

my log is in the attachement. i started overwatch in fullscreen mode then i changed my settings to borderless windowed and then i closed the game and the profile loader.

thank you for looking into this

let me know if you need more information or if i should test anything!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

doesn’t matter if the game is in fullscreen or windowed. as soon as i start the game (overwatch in my case) it resets my profile and it doesn’t reload it after i close the game either

While the profile loader is closed, edit %APPDATA%\DisplayCAL\DisplayCAL-apply-profiles.ini (with Notepad) and add the following line (e.g. at the bottom):

profile_loader.buggy_video_drivers = nvidia

The relaunch the profile loader. Does it help?

my log is in the attachement. i started overwatch in fullscreen mode then i changed my settings to borderless windowed and then i closed the game and the profile loader.

Why did you close the profile loader? Calibration is reloaded in intervals of around three seconds.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS