Displaycal Profile loader appears to forget the (default) profile (Linux)

Home Forums Help and Support Displaycal Profile loader appears to forget the (default) profile (Linux)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

betazoid
    Participant

Hi, I am trying to use Linux with XFCE (and other desktop environments) for editing photos. I am installing the profile with Displaycal and loading it with the Displaycal profile loader. Basically, it works. The only trouble is that after a while (2 or 3 restarts), the profile loader appears to forget the profile which was installed. Is this a bug? I have tested this with darktable-cmstest (result is no profile loaded). System is (x)Ubuntu 18.04. Newest version of Displaycal is installed. I have also tested this with other desktop environments such as KDE Plasma. On the other hand, loading profiles with the Cinnamon/Gnome color manager seems to be much more reliable.

Thanks in advance for the help

b

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Hi,

note that the profile loader doesn’t keep its own database of device to profile mappings, it queries the system. You can see which profile it ends up using and where it came from by running displaycal-apply-profiles in a terminal (if you’re using the 0install version, 0launch --command=run-apply-profiles http://displaycal.net/0install/DisplayCAL.xml instead).

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS