DisplayCal installation

Home Forums Help and Support DisplayCal installation

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author

ELIASEH
    Participant

ELIASEH
    Participant

Also i am trying to do a donation, i live in lebanon and no paypal here, can i use VISA card?

Florian Höch
    Administrator

The link points to a 404 page. Contact me via email please.

ELIASEH
    Participant

What is your email pls?

Florian Höch
    Administrator

florian at displaycal dot net

ELIASEH
    Participant

Dear sir please help me,

can you tell me which is the best setting to use for my IPS XB271HU monitor in patch sequence? minimize display response delay or maximize RGB difference? for best colorS and gradient?

also, there is colors banding when I calibrated my monitor, is it normal for an 8 bit panel? and what are the best settings to minimize it?

best regards and thank u so much

Florian Höch
    Administrator

which is the best setting to use for my IPS XB271HU monitor in patch sequence? minimize display response delay or maximize RGB difference? for best colorS and gradient?

The patch sequence has no influence on colors and gradients. See the documentation.

also, there is colors banding when I calibrated my monitor, is it normal for an 8 bit panel?

Usually banding is introduced via the video card gamma tables if the driver does not apply dithering (nVidia is notorious for this).

what are the best settings to minimize it?

There isn’t really anything you can do other than switching to a different graphics card that does employ dithering (e.g. AMD).

ELIASEH
    Participant

Dear sir

I made the donation using my brother paypal account, thank u so much for your support.

The last question please.

https://www.google.com/search?q=bars+displaycal+whitepoint&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjgqsG36O7dAhUGDSwKHRvTDUUQ_AUIDigB&biw=1231&bih=619#imgrc=ZTbSdSyXOjSg4M:&spf=1538725840934

If you look at the link as example, I am using white point as measured, it is necessary that the number before DeltaE is 0? because when the number is less than 1, the target is green, and if I calibration with number before DeltaE as 0 or not 0 (less then one), what will affect ?

Best regards

Florian Höch
    Administrator

it is necessary that the number before DeltaE is 0?

No. It is also very unlikely you’ll evver see zero there, due to measurement noise. Smaller dE is better, but everything below 1 is good.

ELIASEH
    Participant

Sir suggestion, please.

I love to play games at high brightness example (260-300 cd/m2), but after some time especially if I look at the sun or white objects in games, I have pain in my eyes, is that normal? and bias lighting can fix this?

But how an HDR monitor with 1000 cd/m2 can be handled by the human eye (example the PG27UQ), if 260-300 cd/m2 is high to the eyes ?!

thank u, sir.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

I love to play games at high brightness example (260-300 cd/m2), but after some time especially if I look at the sun or white objects in games, I have pain in my eyes, is that normal? and bias lighting can fix this?

Bias lighting could improve the situation, but if the brightness is hurting your eyes, you should really consider lowering it!

But how an HDR monitor with 1000 cd/m2 can be handled by the human eye (example the PG27UQ), if 260-300 cd/m2 is high to the eyes ?!

If HDR content is authored properly, and the HDR effect is employed judiciously instead of excessively, the average brightness should not be much higher than for properly viewed SDR content.

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS