DisplayCal doesn't work on my iMac

Home Forums Help and Support DisplayCal doesn't work on my iMac

Viewing 16 post (of 16 total)
  • Author

tarna
    Participant

Guys! Good news from me!

I made a calibration, that I choosed the Standrad profile on my monitor, instead of one of theUsers. After I went into the monitor’s service menu, where I can set RGB channels on the perfect 255-0 scale, not the 100 unit scale from the osd menu. I made a really precise setting on 6500K .

After I made a calibration and profiling with gamma 2.2 (it works also with L* even better), 140 cd/m, 6500K and matrix with single curve with black point compensation. The result is really fine, nice colors and contrast (1098:1), no greenish color in Finder, no black crushes, everything looks perfect! đŸ™‚

I have to tell, that with LUT profiles, I have still the terrible black crush, no useble icc profile through DisplayCal on a Mac. And before this I coudn’t do even a close color profile with matching colors, always had  reds in the result chart. Don’t know why. But if I select the Standard mode, all is okay. Weird, but I am glad! đŸ™‚

I did it on my macbook with my Asus PA279Q attached, and also on my desktop hackintosh. Both are okay and works.

But to look the whole problem on  a Mac, it’s still ridiculous for Apple. They have to fix it somehow!

• This reply was modified 6 years, 1 month ago by tarna.
Viewing 16 post (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS