DisplayCAL and Big Sur on M1

Home Forums Help and Support DisplayCAL and Big Sur on M1

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 53 total)
  • Author

Vincent
    Participant

Thanks that did the trick.. I was able to successfully calibrate my LG 27″ 5K display on my M1 Mac mini using my write i1 Display Pro

Do you mind sharing with us the LOG (text) output from  “Tools \ reports \ Report on UNcalibrated display” to check M1 LUT capabilities?

Calibrite Display Pro HL on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BSTNFNL
    Participant

I can confirm it is working here as well with my M1 Mac Mini and the i1 Pro 2. Thank you!

• This reply was modified 3 years, 3 months ago by BSTNFNL.

CMK2
    Participant

Thank you so much. now the calibration works 🙂

TimoOK
    Participant

Here’s another Big Sur 11.1 user with M1-Air trying to calibrate laptop’s own display with SpyderX. The Firefox color screen ‘scroll’, but calibration doesn’t finish (elapsed time goes and the other counter shows ‘–‘).

Has anybody succeeded with this same combination?

Vincent
    Participant

Here’s another Big Sur 11.1 user with M1-Air trying to calibrate laptop’s own display with SpyderX. The Firefox color screen ‘scroll’, but calibration doesn’t finish (elapsed time goes and the other counter shows ‘–‘).

Do not use web approach, read latest posts

TimoOK
    Participant

Do not use web approach, read latest posts

That’s good information, thanks Vincent!

It’s just that the other display options are madVR, Prisma, Resolve and Untethered – I read the explanations of those and they sounded like even less right.

I read the thread before asking but seemed that most others calibrated external displays. One mention was that maybe internal display needs just profiling? And me being a very beginner in calibrating things doesn’t make easier, so thanks in advance for all the hints in getting SpyderX Pro in use.

Vincent
    Participant

Use Argyll beta to solve M1 issues not displaying color patches.
    Then do the same you’ll do with any other mac screen given the huge limitations on macos color management engine.

HokaHey333
    Participant

Thanks Vincent. It works on my Mac Mini M1 with the beta files you provided.

Bug report: I have had 2 occasions where both my monitors (BenQs) went black during calibration and had to restart to recover. Also, the first validation run does not produce any results, but works on the second try.

Thanks again for getting us up and running again.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 2 months ago by HokaHey333.
    • This reply was modified 3 years, 2 months ago by HokaHey333.

Juan
    Participant

Hello, I was trying to calibrate my monitor trough resolve and a  Ultra Studio Mini monitor, and when display cal starts to calibrate or set up de probe it give an error: Diagnostic: -d parameter 1 out of range
    Mac Mini M1 and i1 Pro.

Regards,

Juan.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

tommy6
    Participant

hello:

Overwritten files.
    The security prompt will appear 4-5 times when opened again
    After ignoring it, when performing a correction
    This error message always appears

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Anonymous
    Inactive

X-rite has released a fix now, I’m just hoping that Display Cal will come with a new release also.

https://www.xrite.com/service-support/downloads/i/i1profiler-i1publish_v3_4_0

Vincent
    Participant

X-rite has released a fix now, I’m just hoping that Display Cal will come with a new release also.

https://www.xrite.com/service-support/downloads/i/i1profiler-i1publish_v3_4_0

It is not a DisplayCAL issue, it may be an ArgyllCMS issue and there is a patch since a few months ago: ArgyllCMS 2.1.3beta (Rosetta). Go to ArgyllCMS maillist for further info.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Okej, so if I download that display cal are going to work?

cosinus
    Participant

Yes, it will problem work if you do the following.

1. Download and install displaycal.
    2. Patch the folder HD/Users/ YourName/Library/Application Support/DisplayCAL/dl/AgryII_V2.1.2/bin
      with files from  ArgyllCMS beta 2.1.3-beta or the files from URL lisanet de
    3. Give this files right permissions , xattr -dr com.apple.quarantine *

tommy6
    Participant

displaycal worked fine in previous versions
    The biggest problem is. The dell screen is in YpbPr mode, not Srgb mode
    The finished color correction produces a huge error

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 53 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS