Display and Probe Temperature

Home Forums Help and Support Display and Probe Temperature

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

asdfage wegagag
    Participant

Hi Florian,

I’ve been reading that the temperature of the system can affect the Signal to Noise ratio of the probe.

How much of a drift is there, and should we minimize calibration times to minimize drift?

Should the colorimeter be left on the display to enter an equilibrium temperature with the display such that it does not change as the display is being measured ?

Because otherwise, wouldn’t the S/N change as the display is being measured, because the colorimeter would be heating up throughout the process ?

Has anyone turned on a small fan to blow at the colorimeter or could this cause too much temperature difference on the display crystals themselves.?

Florian Höch
    Administrator

I’ve been reading that the temperature of the system can affect the Signal to Noise ratio of the probe.

Yes, although rise in temperature is more a problem for spectrometers than for colorimeters.

Should the colorimeter be left on the display to enter an equilibrium temperature with the display such that it does not change as the display is being measured ?

That’s a reasonable approach, but also depends a bit on the display itself (how warm it gets) and how far the actual sensor (not the colorimeter case) is from the display (e.g. the i1D3’s filters and sensor assembly is mounted 3-4 cm behind the front lens).

Calibrite Display Pro HL on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS