Did I mess up the calibration?

Home Forums General Discussion Did I mess up the calibration?

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author

Lazarusz
    Participant

Which is which? What are your color settings in Lightroom, more importantly, do they match Photoshop? Why the use of ProPhoto as RGB working space? Do you softproof?

I think I have figured it out. I’ve set both programs to ProPhoto RGB and I get equal results now. Not sure why photoshop was showing different colors before.

It’s definitely because of the calibration, because before the calibration I was geting equal colors. I didn’t change any settings in lightroom or photoshop after the calibration, just now when I noticed the color difference.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Did you restart the programs after installing your display profile so that they can pick up on the changes?

Lazarusz
    Participant

Did you restart the programs after installing your display profile so that they can pick up on the changes?

Yes. I only started working with photos 2 days after calibration.

Damn, I just reviewed couple more photos and I still see some minor difference….I don’t know what it is at this point…

Lazarusz
    Participant

It’s weird, on some photos I see the color difference on some the color is perfectly equal. Images shot on the same camera, same lens, same settings.

I’m working on old black and white paper photos.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Sounds like a Lightroom bug to me. How do you open the photos in PS? “Edit in PS” from LR, Bridge, or Windows Explorer?

Lazarusz
    Participant

Sounds like a Lightroom bug to me. How do you open the photos in PS? “Edit in PS” from LR, Bridge, or Windows Explorer?

I right click a photo from lightroom and then Edit in Adobe photoshop.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Ok. Instead of doing that, save to 16-bit TIFF in LR and open from explorer in PS. Does that help?

Lazarusz
    Participant

Ok. Instead of doing that, save to 16-bit TIFF in LR and open from explorer in PS. Does that help?

Photoshop still shows its own colors. Maybe it has something to do with the RAW CR2 files that I’m working?

Lazarusz
    Participant

Also I have noticed that the color difference is only noticable on B&W photos. It still sucks to work on a photo for so long in lightroom only to take it to photoshop for cleaning and get completely different look..

Florian Höch
    Administrator

That’s very clearly a Lightroom or Photoshop bug then. I’d take it to Adobe.

Lazarusz
    Participant

I think it’s lightroom alone, the color changes even when exporting directly from it, tried every color space.

Anyways, I will have to read a lot about this issue on google, thank you for helping me.

Lazarusz
    Participant

Interesting thing to note is that when I convert the colors to CMYK mode in photoshop they appear the same as in lightroom.

Lazarusz
    Participant

Finally found the answer to this madness!

In photoshop go to:

Edit>Preferences>Performance>Graphics Processor Settings>Advanced Settings>
    And set the Drawing Mode to Basic

Restart the program.

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS