deploy argyll driver automatically without displaycal

Home Forums Help and Support deploy argyll driver automatically without displaycal

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

nightreaver.b
    Participant

Hello

I’m trying to deploy the drivers for argyll/displaycal on a bunch of computers at once (at least I don’t want to install them manually) so having the user connect the device (SpyderX pro) and then reboot to make the driver install automatically.

I tried the automated install via displaycal -> Tools -> Instrument -> install argyll instrument drivers . There and UAC popup shows up and i need to confirm with admin. After that displaycal is working a bit and voila, the device shows up.

When I try the manual way (not the one described on the User Guide) and I run "%~dp0Argyll_V2.1.1_USB_driver_installer.exe" --noprompt --usealldevices --vid 0x85c --pid 0xa00

its seems the driver is going to be installed, but its not (I grabbed the commandline via procexp) .
    Tho it should work it seems I’m missing something here.

Can someone please explain all steps necessary to deploy the driver “automatically” ?

And secondly, I don’t understand why the manual install need to disable driver signature, while the automated install works without it.
    How can this be explained? I simply cannot disable driver signature on so many computers…

Thank you

Cheers

SpyderX Pro on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Hi,

is the above command being run from a batch file? “%~dp0” will expand to the batchfile directory, but only if run from within the batchfile. Other than that, the command looks correct. Are you running it elevated?

Note that using the driver installer, it is usually easier to switch a device that’s already shown in device manager to the different driver than to rely on Windows picking the right one when the device is plugged in.

Also, the alternate way (not using the driver installer) does not self-sign the driver, thus driver signature enforcement needs to be switched off.

nightreaver.b
    Participant

Hey

Yes it will be run from a batch file – so the command itself works well.
    I’ve tested it and so far can say that the driver is bing installed, I can also see the “self signed” certificate show up in certificate manager as well.

Tho, after installation the device doesnt change/reload the driver, is just stays with default Windows driver, tho is not being recognized from displaycal.
    Through displaycal installation the device driver is reloaded somehow. That part doesnt happen with just using the installer so I assume there is something im missing.
    Is there a command to reload the driver as well? Maybe that the part that missing…

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Through displaycal installation the device driver is reloaded somehow. That part doesnt happen with just using the installer so I assume there is something im missing.

DisplayCAL doesn’t do anything more than what you are doing manually with the installer. No idea why that doen’t seem to be working.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS