Delta E 2000 before and after calibration

Home Forums Help and Support Delta E 2000 before and after calibration

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Jarrod
    Participant

After calibrating with displaycal, I see that I can view Delta E 2000 average after calibration in the report. Is there a way to also see/record the value prior to calibration so I can see what the difference is? Thanks.

• This topic was modified 1 month ago by Jarrod.

Vincent
    Participant

Measurement report, select as simulation profile the uncalibrated target you wish to compate to, use simulation profile as display profile.

Jarrod
    Participant

What do I select from the drop down on the simulation profile section? There are lots of options like ACES etc and I’m not sure which of these to pick.

MW
    Participant

sRGB, unless you have a wide gamut display.

Jarrod
    Participant

How would you go about determining that, and if it is wide gamut then which?

For context I test 2-3 different laptop panels a week, previously I had just been using the Spyder 5 with their software, but now I’m using the i1 Display Pro with DisplayCAL.

i1Display Pro on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Vincent
    Participant

How would you go about determining that, and if it is wide gamut then which?

You should know it in advance when you bought that monitor. sRGB “common” displays, widegamut P3 or AdoberGB or AdobeRGB+P3 displays.

For context I test 2-3 different laptop panels a week, previously I had just been using the Spyder 5 with their software, but now I’m using the i1 Display Pro with DisplayCAL.

For testing laptops since you have a very high variety of WLED sRGB backlights you may need an spectrophotometer. Also most newer widegamut laptop models may have new backlights and you do not know wich one.
    On desktop monitors, specially specialized ones for image editing we know or can know backlight (community, review) so a i1displaypro should be enough.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS