Dell UP2716D Calibration Settings

Home Forums General Discussion Dell UP2716D Calibration Settings

Viewing 3 posts - 46 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • Author

Vincent
    Participant

Bad, both whitepoint and grey range.

Use DUCCS to perform HW calibration, then test again. If grey remains bad use DIsplayCAL to correct grey. DUCCS is going to use RG_phopshor EDR.

Vincent
    Participant

What was confusing me is that the graph in the 3nm looks more jagged than in the 10nm one. I can see that the 3nm is capturing data at 3nm intervals. Maybe the 10nm has some kind of smoothing applied to the basic data.

It is visualizer smoothing, not from data. IDNK why 10nm plots are smoothed

Wire
    Participant

That report is Dell’s menu preset for sRGB.

The whitepoint is most likely deviant because Dell uses a different spectral correction than the one I got from the DCal database.  The gray range is within Dell’s claims of 3 dE (most likely ’76) .

YES Using DUCCS with supplied XRite GB-r correction can bring it dead on, but that’s a custom cal, not the Dell sRGB preset.

(As a total aside, it could be other QC issues. The presets are more harrowing than just a correction disagreement. I bought two units and one was smashed in transit and the replacement was a refurb with presets that are just totally wrong by any measure — there are so many ways to go wrong. Idk care because I aligned by hand, but someone who wanted OOB color could be very unhappy if they trusted Dell to get it right. But it was also true that at the time I got my replacement, the model was being discontinued. I got a “bargain”)

Viewing 3 posts - 46 through 48 (of 48 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS