DaVinci 15 Error

Home Forums Help and Support DaVinci 15 Error

Viewing 14 posts - 31 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • Author

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Ok. Use AdobeRGB gamut mode, that should be closest to native judging from https://www.displayspecifications.com/en/model/9c90705

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Also, use RGB LED spectral correction.

chavez.camera
    Participant

Is this correct?

LCD RGB LED family?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Yes, although it’s not exactly the same backlight type as the 2700PT it should be close enough.

chavez.camera
    Participant

To confirm, apply calibration (vcgt) should be unchecked correct?

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Normally checked if external monitor is not part of desktop, unchecked if it is (and profile is installed), doesn’t matter if calibration tone curve is set to “as measured”.

chavez.camera
    Participant

These results are even worse.

Attachments:

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Well, you need to figure out what is making the process unstable. Probably Resolve. An even longer delay may or may not help, but I doubt it. I assume that intermittent freezes/hangs in Resolve are the issue, and you have basically no chance to account for that on the profiling side.

chavez.camera
    Participant

Seems that the Mac power saving features do not agree with display calibration profiling.

I think I’ve just successfully calibrated the monitor. The 3D LUT loaded into resolve looks accurate.

How would you rate my calibration numbers? Can they be improved? Do they need to be improved?

• This reply was modified 4 years, 11 months ago by chavez.camera.
    Attachments:

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Seems that the Mac power saving features do not agree with display calibration profiling.

That is generally the case. Normally, ArgyllCMS will override those during measurements, but it seems Apple broke that with one of the latest updates 🙁

Btw, you don’t have the monitor connected to something like a DeckLink card?

I think I’ve just successfully calibrated the monitor. The 3D LUT loaded into resolve looks accurate.

Indeed.

How would you rate my calibration numbers? Can they be improved? Do they need to be improved?

Looking good so far. I don’t see the need for immediate improvement. Although profiling the monitor in native gamut would probably improve smoothness in the magenta-red region of the gamut. I think the Benq comes with Palette Master Elements (re-branded X-Rite i1Profiler), which should allow to calibrate the monitor to native gamut. Afterwards, you should be able to select that calibration in the monitor OSD and create a profile (and 3D LUT) “on top” using DisplayCAL.

chavez.camera
    Participant

Yes, I am connected to a Mini Monitor 4k via a Thunderbolt 3 PCIe  Chassis.

I will try the Palette Master workflow.

p cox
    Participant

I’m getting the same connection interrupted/failed message.  I cannot connect to external HDMI monitor using Blackmagic Intensity Resolve card using 192.168.0.2 IP address.  I have always used this before and it has worked.  However  I can connect using local host to my monitor running windows and Resolve v15 but that doesn’t allow me to test my external monitor.  Have tried changing Windows Firewall rules and switching off firewall completely but to no avail.  This has happened after installing your latest version of DisplayCal and latest Argyll drivers.  I have Windows 10 Pro latest version with most recent updates.  I have no Firewall except the Window one and no other antivirus except Windows Defender.

Previous LUTs that I have created for Resolve all still work in Resolve.

Any suggestions?

Regards

Paul Cox

Florian Höch
    Administrator

So DisplayCAL is running on one machine and Resolve on another? Are both machines in the same subnet (192.168.0.* in your case)? Can you successfully ping the other machine?

p cox
    Participant

Thanks for your quick response. I rebooted and started all over again. Still couldn’t connect using 192.168.0.2 but then I got the connection with localhost and managed to do the calibration.

Viewing 14 posts - 31 through 44 (of 44 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS