Can’t set for White LED display

Home Forums Help and Support Can’t set for White LED display

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Ralphy4
    Participant

My display has White LED background light.

Accordingly I chose “LCD White LED” in the mode dropdown. As soon as I choose “Spectral: LCD White LED family” for the correction the mode automatically gets changed back to “LED (generic)”. Changing the mode back to “LCD White LED” on the other hand automatically changes correction to “None”.

How can I set up DisplayCAL for my display?

• This topic was modified 3 years, 3 months ago by Ralphy4.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Vincent
    Participant

-Spyders are innacurate, get an i1d3 colorimeter: i1DisplayPro, Colormunki Display, I1display studio. Only the 1st one can be used with monitors with HW calibration (internal HW calibration)

-upper right is bundled modes in device, central one is CCSS corrections (for i1d3, spyder4&5). If want to use Datacolor modes must set the upper right.

-Choosing one or another your Spyder may be innacurate

Calibrite Display Pro HL on Amazon   Calibrite Display SL on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Ralphy4
    Participant

Thank you very much! I already ordered an i1d3, due to the pandemic it might take a while to arrive though 🙁

In the meantime, I’d like to work with my Spyder5. Even if it is inaccurate. Which is less inaccurate (more accurate): choosing White LED in the top right or in the middle?

Vincent
    Participant

IDNK, Datacolor Spyder4/5 corrections were for white and 10nm while i1d3 corrections are 3-10nm (custom) WRGB or 1nm WRGB (from Xrite EDR or custom with high end gear), but Datacolor Spyder4/5 “display modes” may use something builtin.

KenF
    Participant

I use a Spyder 5. I choose LCD White LED and I leave Correction on Auto (None). I get excellent results with that.

Vincent
    Participant

I use a Spyder 5. I choose LCD White LED and I leave Correction on Auto (None). I get excellent results with that.

It’s a wrong one for a Mac P3… but Spyder5 is highly innacurate so even choosing the proper one measurements may be far from actual values.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS