Calibration timing

Home Forums Help and Support Calibration timing

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Sakharov Alexander
    Participant

Computing update. Already more than one hour.

Really? More than one hour?  With that CPU usage?

Mac OS Mojave, DisplayCAL 3.8.8, Davinci Resolve with DeckLink card, LG OLED., i1 Pro spectro.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

I don’t recommend an i1 Pro for calibrating a high contrast device like an OLED. The i1 Pro’s dark reading capability doesn’t really cut it (it can read accurately down to about 0.1 cd/m2 in adaptive mode, but OLED requires several orders of magnitude lower than that), and also it is slow. Use the i1 Pro to create a correction matrix for a colorimeter (i.e. i1 Display Pro) instead, and use the colorimeter for actual calibration/profiling measurements.

You may cancel the progress above, it is very unlikely to finish at this point.

Calibrite Display Pro HL on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Sakharov Alexander
    Participant

Florian, thank you for fast reply.

Yes, I have i1 Display Pro also, and can make correction table. This is not an issue.

The issue – DisplayCAL hangs up second time for today. So, no way to calibrate OLED with it. At list for me.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

So, what does “hang” mean, and where exactly does it not continue?

Sakharov Alexander
    Participant

Well, it mean that DisplayCAL shows message as on screenshot “Computing update to calibration curves”, time at the lower line changing, nothing more happens.

I wait about 1.5 hours, than close DisplayCAL.

From Windows PC I use i1 Pro to create correction table, than i1 Display Pro for real calibration. It works.

Didn’t find any way to check and correct RBG primaries and CMY secondary colors, as I can do in CalMAN Studio. Are there any option to do it in DisplayCAL?

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Well, it mean that DisplayCAL shows message as on screenshot “Computing update to calibration curves”, time at the lower line changing, nothing more happens.

Can’t reproduce. Is the system stable otherwise?

Didn’t find any way to check and correct RBG primaries and CMY secondary colors, as I can do in CalMAN Studio. Are there any option to do it in DisplayCAL?

DisplayCAL strictly only supports profiling workflows, no manual calibration (except whitepoint). Also, some display’s color controls may introduce artifacts, so my recommendation is always to leave those at default.

Sakharov Alexander
    Participant

Yes, Florian, the OSX is very stable on this Macbook Pro. Well, forget about it.

Regarding RGB primaries – yes, can confirm that LG OLEDs could show artefacts in case of noticeable changes in CMS menu.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS