Calibration for iMac retina display

Home Forums Help and Support Calibration for iMac retina display

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Hideki Nishizawa
    Participant

Hi,

I’m trying to calibrate the Davinci Resolve’s reference display with 3D output LUT that is created by DisplayCAL, and I’m using a iMac Retina display.
    But when I calculate the display’s color, the RGB meter shows that its blue is way too high somehow. And I don’t know how to fix the display’s color with iMac.
    If I continued the calibration without fixing iMac RGB, the DisplayCAL creates a LUT which is definitely amber looks on Davinci.
    Is there any solutions?
    Or please let me know the proper way to calibrate iMac Retina display for Davinci Resolve’s reference display.

Thanks,

Hideki

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Hi,

what’s the measurement instrument and settings you’re using?

Hideki Nishizawa
    Participant

Hi,

I’m using a colormunki Smile x-rite. And I’ve never changed the measurement instrument’s setting.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

The ColorMunki Smile does not have a generic correction for the iMac’s (presumably) DCI P3 gamut panel, so unless you have a spectrometer at hand, you’re probably better off calibrating to the native whitepoint of the display. To change the 3D LUT to target the native whitepoint, set rendering intent to “relative colorimetric” on the 3D LUT tab (disable “create 3D LUT after profiling” so you can create a new 3D LUT from the existing profile).

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS