Calibration breaks on restart

Home Forums Help and Support Calibration breaks on restart

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Josh
    Participant

Hi,

I’m trying to figure out if my system (Windows 10 computer, msi motherboard) is breaking the calibration profile on restart. I have 3 Dell u2415 monitors daisy-chained to the display port of a nvidia GeForce gtx 970. I went through the calibration process using display cal and a spyder 5 for my colorimeter for all 3 monitors and it did a great job!

However, when I restart the computer, the monitors have different tints all of the sudden, even though it seems like the color profiles have been loaded. The only way to temporarily  fix the issue, is to go into the rgb controls and move the cursor from the custom rgb mode to standard for example and back to custom rgb for all three monitors, and the displays look exactly like they were before the restart. However it still breaks on restart.

Color management shows the calibrated profiles being used, but I did notice in display settings, that one of the monitor’s color profile is blank. Not sure though what’s the issue, so any suggestions would be of great help, because I really liked how the calibration turned out.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Hi,

multi monitor support in Windows is sketchy at best when it comes to calibration and color management, unfortunately. Your best option is to hook each monitor to a discrete output (if possible) and not chain them.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS