calibrating a vizio tv

Home Forums Help and Support calibrating a vizio tv

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

toby5
    Participant

I feel kind of stupid for asking this now, but I have already calibrated a vizio tv and I am not sure if I did it right or not. I am using a dtp94 to calibrate. I left the settings at 0% black offset, no white or black drift, and no color correction of any kind. This was for a 3dlut by the way. This is a FHD television and I am wondering if should reset some of the settings and recalibrate this. I new to this still so I just really want to get it exactly right. Also, I set it at rec.709 with bt1886 settings.

• This topic was modified 5 years, 8 months ago by toby5.

toby5
    Participant

And one other thing is the verification all passed. All boxes were in the green.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

That all sounds reasonable. The DTP94, being an older instrument, would probably benefit from a correction, though.

toby5
    Participant

what kind of correction should I do then?

Florian Höch
    Administrator

You can check the online database to see if there’s something available for your TV model (or technology, probably white LED?).

toby5
    Participant

I was thinking maybe white led, but there isn’t anything in the database for my model. Everything is UHD and mind is FHD.

Again, thanks for getting back to me

toby5
    Participant

and now for some reason none of my delta e is coming out right when before my first 3dlut all boxes checked green. now average and maximum delta e are both in the red. I’m getting this for the new 3dlut I just created and my initial 3dlut as well. I have my graphics card set on full and madvr is set on limited and tv should be limited.

toby5
    Participant

No matter what I do I cannot get those last 2 lines to get in the green and pass for me.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

You’ll have to backtrack and figure out what you changed that made it impossible to reproduce the previous results.

toby5
    Participant

I’ve tried doing that. I have even gone so far as to recalibrate my television which is now made the lut worse. I am using a bt 1886 on calbration which is giving me  a  2.18 gamma after I’m through with it.  It’s kind of worrying me actually.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS