Calibrating a BenQ PD3200U

Home Forums General Discussion Calibrating a BenQ PD3200U

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Limit Tester
    Participant

Hi, this is my first time downloading DisplayCal and want a walk-through on what settings to use when calibrating a BenQ PD3200U with a Spyder5. Thank you.

markvvaals
    Participant

Hardware Unboxed just put out a pretty good video about this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2nVNxx1IHo
    I believe you will have to install additional drivers for the Spyder5 as eh mentions at about 8:30 in that video.

Change the following settings in DisplayCAL:
    – Settings bar at the top –> sRGB (this will change to the calibrated .icm profile once done)
    – Display –> BenQ PD3200U
    – Correction –> Spectral: LDC White LED family

Click button at the bottom to start the process, mount the Spyder5 (lean monitor back so it can lean on there) and press Start measurement.
    Some colow swatches apear and after a few seconds you’re able to press Start Measurement again in the black DisplayCAL window. Another few seconds later you’ll get the RGB bars and luminence readings.

Now you’ll go into the monitor settings of your PD3200U and change:
    – Picture Advanced –> Display Mode –> “User”
    – Picture –> Color Temperature –> “User Define” (only available in Display Mode “User”)
    – Change RGB values down from 100 to get the RGB bars in the DisplayCAL window centered and the text below gets a check mark.
    – Picture –> Brightness
    – Change value so you get a comfortable brightness, setting this to 21/22 should get you a reading of 120 cd/m2 under Current in the DisplayCAL window which is a good starting point

Click Stop measurement and then Continue on to calibration.
    Now just wait for the DisplayCAL to finish the calibration process (can be a few minutes but also closer to half an hour or even more).

When it’s done, you can check and uncheck Preview calibration to see a before/after difference.
    Make sure you select install as system default and then Install profile to actually start using it.

Hope this helps.
    Let me know if there is anything else I can help with, good luck.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS