brightness not stable with colormunki display

Home Forums Help and Support brightness not stable with colormunki display

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

tuxx
    Participant

Hi all,

further to the problems described here that I had with an old display 2, I decided to buy a colormunki display to calibrate my screen Samsung T27B300.

I use this screen with two operating systems and GPUS:

Linux/Intel

Windows/Nvidia

and I do my tests in both combos.

My current calibration target is 6500K and 100cd/m2 and I use interactive mode.

The first time it measures, I set the RGB and luminance of the screen in order to match the targets. If i run the initial calibration many times , or if I use the screen with the other OS/GPU or when doing something unfortunately I still haven’t found, luminance although set to 100cd/m2, is now measured as 80cd/m2.

It’s a dead end situation because if I re-calibrate the monitor to be 100cd/m2 again, after a few tests it will eventually be measured as 120cd/m2.

So, to sum up, I keep having this +-20cd/m2 for days now and I still haven’t managed to understand what’s wrong with my setup. My assumptions are:

• broken colormunki display (although brand new and borrowed to a friend who used it without problems)
    • broken screen , although I am 99,9% that this +-20cd/m2 difference in luminance is not happening.
    • bad software configuration

Thanks in advance,

Michael

Calibrite Display SL on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

if I use the screen with the other OS/GPU or when doing something unfortunately I still haven’t found, luminance although set to 100cd/m2, is now measured as 80cd/m2.

Full RGB vs video levels issue. The Linux graphics drivers seem to be especially bad at setting the correct levels for the display when driven over HDMI. Make sure the output levels setting in the graphics driver is correct (you can easily check this with a gray ramp image, and it should also be obvious from the overall look of the desktop).

tuxx
    Participant

Many thanks for your reply.

Regards,

Michael

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS