result is too green after calibrating with eye one display 2

Home Forums Help and Support result is too green after calibrating with eye one display 2

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

tuxx
    Participant

Hi all,

I was recently given an old eye one display 2 in order to calibrate my screen.

I use the same screen (Samsung T27B300 ) in two OS with different GPU:

• Archlinux/Intel
    • Windows 10/Nvidia

I have done several tests with latest DisplayCal in both OS, trying to callibrate at 6500/120.  The problem is that during the test and after I get “measuring color swatches for characterization” message, the screen gets green and remains the profile created is green too.

The profile is obviously not correct and I am trying to understand what’s wrong with my configuration.

FYI, I just installed the official x-rite software to test if the calibrator is functional and can produce “correct” (not green) profiles and it seems that it’ fully functional.

Thank you in advance.

Michael

tuxx
    Participant

Some extra details:

Correction is set to Auto (None)

Mode is set to LCD (generic)

Gamma 2.2

With regards to callibration speed, I have tried with almost all options and the resultis the same.

tuxx
    Participant

My apologies.

I ran the official program again setting 6500K using the advanced mode and the result is the same.

So I assume that I can’t use 6500 with my screen.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Set whitepoint target to “As measured”. In the long run, you should consider upgrading your measurement instrument (I’d recommend the i1 Display Pro or ColorMunki Display, as they have sealed filters, a light-gathering lens and are the most accurate consumer colorimeters available today).

Calibrite Display Pro HL on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

tuxx
    Participant

Many thanks for your reply.

So, I assume that my calibrator has a faulty sensor, right?

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Not necessarily faulty, just old tech (it was introduced around a decade ago) and probably not able to deal with modern backlighting technologies (the i1Display2’s LCD mode is based on CCFL backlighting, which isn’t used anymore today). A colorimeter correction may help, but due to the high inter-instrument variability of the i1Display2 will probably only yield a correct result if created from a measurement with your particular display and colorimeter (i.e. you’d need a spectrometer).

tuxx
    Participant

Many thanks for your clarifications.

Regards,

Michael

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS