Black Point ICC tag interpretation

Home Forums General Discussion Black Point ICC tag interpretation

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Roger Breton
    Participant

Digging through DisplayCal-created ICC “profiles” using a tool like ICC Profile Inspector (there are probably better integrated tools in Displaycal to do this? So sorry for reinventing the wheel), in the context of my last post about Black / White Luminance, I could not help notice the difference between actual Black point (RGB = 0 0 0) measurements and the tristimulus values reported in the tag. Please see my attached screen capture but the encoded Black point tag seems awfully “low” compared to the actual measurements, which you can see in the background ti3 file?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Vincent
    Participant

Digging through DisplayCal-created ICC “profiles” using a tool like ICC Profile Inspector (there are probably better integrated tools in Displaycal to do this? So sorry for reinventing the wheel),

Profile information application, text with info on the right.

in the context of my last post about Black / White Luminance, I could not help notice the difference between actual Black point (RGB = 0 0 0) measurements and the tristimulus values reported in the tag. Please see my attached screen capture but the encoded Black point tag seems awfully “low” compared to the actual measurements, which you can see in the background ti3 file?

CIE XYZ values from ICC profile inspector are normalized to Y=1.0 for white. Check WTPT => all are scaled by 1/100 + aditional black point compensation (black pt idealization) in profile (if any).

• This reply was modified 1 year, 9 months ago by Vincent.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS