Basic editing for web, calibrate to srgb or gamma 2.2? 6500k?

Home Forums Help and Support Basic editing for web, calibrate to srgb or gamma 2.2? 6500k?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

thevisi0nary
    Participant

Trying to get the best possible calibration for web editing. I get good results in the verification report, but I am not sure if I am targeting the right settings for web editing purposes. For the tone curve, should I use srgb or gamma 2.2? Also, is 6500k standard? It comes off as slightly warm, but I have limited experience so I could be way off base with that. Editing in a medium / slightly dim room with the monitor at 185 cd/m2 brightness.

S Simeonov
    Participant

Aim for 80-120 nits – depends on the room lighting you are working on. 6504K is required, and I would use gamma 2.2.

asdfage wegagag
    Participant

For web, as long as you check your work on a few different non-color managed devices, that’s as much as you can hope for. Absolute accuracy on your end won’t be delivered to your audience in most cases, don’t sweat it.

SCN
    Participant

For general purpose and common use, I would go with 120 nit, 6500k, gamma 2.2, medium speed and verify using large test chart (325 patch)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS