ASUS PA32UCX -3D LUT

Home Forums General Discussion ASUS PA32UCX -3D LUT

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author

AstralStorm
    Participant

I find it especially curious that they got 95% sRGB coverage in the emulation mode on their screen, and such bad gamma. Also a huge dip in top left corner evenness. Smells lemony.

In fact someone on their forums had a different lemon problem with different issues, backlight instability etc. Replacements tended to work, Asus and sellers tend to be nice about returns on this high end hardware.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 9 months ago by AstralStorm.

Vincent
    Participant

Coverage at native gamut (intersection with X colorspace) is fixed by physics.
    OTOH in “gamut emulation” (non native, emulated) coverage small% variances usually points to:
    -slightly wrong matrix for emulation (non matching simulated primaries vs target), “software” issue
    -slightly non ideal “volume” because matrix gamut emulation is not enough (panel) or if LUT3D small number of patches fro making it  (“software” issue + poor QC)

Given 3dC uniformity errors even with uniformity compensation active, all points to non existent QC in Asus HW + additional poor QC in factory calibration. At least a colorimeter like a i1d3 is mandatory with these screens, a minimum requirement.

Calibrite Display Pro HL on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

AstralStorm
    Participant

Agreed. My point is that it’s typically better to roll the screen/panel lottery with these rather than try to correct the failed ones – as the good ones are really darn good.

I suspect Asus allows a slop here because they do sell PA32UCX-K coming with i1d3.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 9 months ago by AstralStorm.
Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS