Android color management update

Home Forums General Discussion Android color management update

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

MW
    Participant

New  color management functionality has been announced for the upcoming Android version 8.0:

Feel free to correct me, from what I can tell LUTs are not supported. Color management is done on a per-app basis, and can’t be changed by the user. Nevertheless it’s a big step forward and might pave the way for higher control by the user.

Joel
    Participant

Hello,

I just installed ‘DisplayCAL’ and ‘ArgyIICMS’ on Win10 and Ubuntu 16. 04.

I was able to calibrate my two Asus monitors. Now I enjoyed the result, I would like to focus on my smartphone with its super AMOLED screen.

I’ve really too much green and I do not know how I can fix it.

It seems that Android “O” will manage profiles ICC, it’s well!

My question today is how I can manage color on my android smartphone now?

Is there an app for that or should I create it?

What android application I should lean to facilitate my work?
    Thank you for your help!

Joel
    Participant

I do not understand why there is this limitation. Here seems almost ridiculous.

However, I continue to look for. I found an application called “Display Expert DS (Lite)”. There is a paid version. Both are on the Play Store. I still do not see its usefulness. I asked the manual to the designer. Maybe I’ll see a little clearer after to read.

There are also ‘SpyderGallery’ from ‘DataColor’. Unfortunately, it does not recognize my probe, the “Spyder5”, amazing!

MW
    Participant

Icc profile support is limited to embedded data in images. No actuall support for individual display calibration. Some newer devices have a sRGB mode under developer options which should improve color rendition. Samsung Galaxy devices have an equivalent “basic” screen mode.

Umaiza Beck
    Participant

subscribe

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS