Acer XB273K, ColorMunki Display and corrections

Home Forums Help and Support Acer XB273K, ColorMunki Display and corrections

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Radu-Mihail
    Participant

Hello everyone,

I apologize for raising a rather similar issue with what has already been discussed, but despite my best effort, I could not find a definite answer, neither on the forums, nor on the general internet.

I have an Acer XB273K Pbmiphzx and a ColorMunki Display. I want to calibrate and profile the former with the latter, with the help of DisplayCAL.

My problem, however, is that I do not know which instrument corrections, if any, should I choose for this particular display

Acer is not explicit about the kind of backlight or purported color space (https://www.acer.com/ac/de/CH/content/predator-model/UM.HX3EE.P02—apologies for being in German, I can’t find the relevant one in English). Display Specifications says that it’s a standard W-LED display (https://www.displayspecifications.com/en/model/d28d14c2), while TFT Central says that it’s W-LED with Quantum Dot (https://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/acer_nitro_xv273k.htm—it’s for a different monitor, but it uses the same panel).

How should I proceed for the best calibration and profiling possible? Side question: would a spectrometer be better than a colorimeter in terms of absolute calibration and profiling accuracy?

Thank you so much,

Radu-Mihail

Calibrite Display SL on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Radu-Mihail
    Participant

Almost three years later, gently bumping this thread, in the hope that someone else has bumped into this issue and solved it, too, in the meanwhile.

Thank you!

Potkan84
    Participant

Did u try to check here? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2nVNxx1IHo&ab_channel=HardwareUnboxed

I would pick “Spectral: LCD PFS Phosphor WLED family”

• This reply was modified 3 months ago by Potkan84.

Nik Bernadsky
    Participant

Try this. It’s my own display with the same type of the panel. The .ccss and .ccmx corrections I built myself. .ccmx file is preferable because contains narrow-pand spectrum optimized correction (i.e. ‘Korean CMF’ – look for it at this forum).

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Nik Bernadsky
    Participant

As to your side question: particularly yes but only in terms of not using specified colorimeter correction. Spectrometer can get right and certain spectral data but it anyway depends on its spectral accuracy and particular standard observer model implementation. I have 2 spectrometers and they show inter-instrument agreement of about 0.5 deltaE. Although, in low-ight (near display black) colorimeter will have an advantage in measurement accuracy due to its higher overall sensitivity and larger aperture. So it’s reasonable to combine high spectral resolution of spectrometer with high low-light sensitivity of colorimeter. That’s why I always use bundle of two instruments measuring display spectral response with spectrometer and then building spectral or matrix correction for colorimeter which is the final metering device for calibration. As it shown experimentally, matrix correction for particular set of  colorimeter and display gives best measurement speed, accuracy and reliability.

• This reply was modified 2 months, 4 weeks ago by Nik Bernadsky.

Vincent
    Participant

Try this. It’s my own display with the same type of the panel. The .ccss and .ccmx corrections I built myself. .ccmx file is preferable because contains narrow-pand spectrum optimized correction (i.e. ‘Korean CMF’ – look for it at this forum).

Is preferable FOR YOU (your display and your colorimeter) since this way you match your “reference” device, but it is not portable to OP’s i1d3. He should use your CCSS and rely (= trust) on the accuracy of its firmware data (spectral sensivities of the filter).
    If he had an i1Pro he can use his own CCMX, not yours.

Note to other readers: 3rd party CCMX should be avoided by default if you have some CCSS available for that display or backlight tech.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS