a couple of questions for 3dlut for madVR

Home Forums General Discussion a couple of questions for 3dlut for madVR

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

toby5
    Participant

I am trying to create 3d luts for a Sony X950G TV. Which settings should I use for SDR and HDR. I calibrate the TV at power 2.2, but view SDR content on custom for pro 1 at -2 which is bt1886. I also want to use sony custom whitepoint, which I have tried, but it keeps giving me assumed whitepoint red using displaycal when testing it so far. Also, what correction should I use, if any, when creating the 3d lut. I have tried none, and pfs phosphor, which is what the sony is suppposed to be, but not the IPS version that’s listed in displaycal. Forgive me if this has been asked, and answered before, but I couldn’t find it.

RokasK
    Participant

but view SDR content on custom for pro 1 at -2 which is bt1886.

no idea what this means

3Dlut is for converting HDR to SDR for people who don’t have the former. You have a fancy TV with that capability, use it. As much as I have read into it already, there is no enthusiast calibration for HDR, cause the TV does some of it’s own processing on it without telling you.

toby5
    Participant

Thank you for responding. The question is really more for SDR calibration, although, if I knew  I could do HDR properly, then I would 3d lut that as well, but for SDR, I want to do 3 3d luts. Power 2.2,, Power 2.4, and BT1886. I just want to make sure I get all the settings correct so that my 3d luts are exactly as they should be.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS