3D lut creation settings confusion

Home Forums General Discussion 3D lut creation settings confusion

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author

Jaroslavas Macko
    Participant

And please what should i choose in chromaticity coordinates for my Pioneer Kuro.It  is ok to leave preset default or as measured?And yes,if my tv is in 16-235 mode and it looks in preset for madvr chromaticity coordinates set for 0-255,should i change it in visual whitepoint editor to 16-235 befor make measure?

Sorry maybe it us silly question,but i want to understand.????

Thank you

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Thanks.And do i need change the curve or preset for madvr works fine with plasmas too?

The desired tone curve should be chosen according to the source material. SDR content = either BT.1886 or gamma, depending on personal preference.

Before calibration and profiling should i leave gpu output to full rgb snd switch tv to 16-235 or both 16-235 or both 0-255 (Kuro supports full rgb mode).

No. The input/output levels selection should be made only once and then not be changed. If the TV allows full range, that would seem preferable.

do i need to load it in color managment manually?

Choose your actual display (not madVR) on the “Display & instrument” tab to install the profile for color managed applications.

And when using madvr it automatically disable,why?

Because otherwise, calibration would be applied twice, which is wrong.

What icc profile should be in windows color management, do i need delete windows default profiles or replace with calibrated one?How to make clear output from laptop to tv without windows managment intrusion?

Windows does not have desktop wide color management. Applications need to explicitly support color management, otherwise, you will only get the effect of the calibration.

And please what should i choose in chromaticity coordinates for my Pioneer Kuro

The standard for Rec. 709 is D65 equivalent (x 0.3127 y 0.329 or a color temperature of roughly 6504K daylight).

And yes,if my tv is in 16-235 mode and it looks in preset for madvr chromaticity coordinates set for 0-255,should i change it in visual whitepoint editor to 16-235 befor make measure?

I do not understand what you are asking here. The whitepoint has nothing to do with input/output levels.

Jaroslavas Macko
    Participant

Thanks very much.Very appreciate for your time.

Jaroslavas Macko
    Participant

Hi Florian,

The interactive adjustment says that white level target is ~48 cd/m2 after measurment which is too dark.I tried to change it and set custom to 100cd/m2 but after measurment it says  target 100cd /m2 and current 48cd/m2 and it is not possible to make target with contrast slider to achieve 100cd/m2.The only option i found is to click measure  for white level next to custom tab which shows me 83.5 ,so looks like this is the only option for interactive adjustment to make target matched.Is that correct way t setup white level?And what if i  don’t use interactive adjustment and instead  set “as measured “ ?

Thanks

Florian Höch
    Administrator

The interactive adjustment says that white level target is ~48 cd/m2 after measurment which is too dark.

If you haven’t set a luminance target, the interactive adjustment just shows the initial (current) measured luminance. It is up to you if you want to keep that or not.

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS