27GL83A correction for this monitor?

Home Forums Help and Support 27GL83A correction for this monitor?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

JanneP
    Participant

Afaik this monitor uses same panel as the 27GL850 but with regular sRGB backlight. Should I use regular WLED (WLEDFamily_07Feb11) correction or still use one of the PFS Phosfor?

I’m using i1 display pro.

Thanks!

Calibrite Display Pro HL on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Vincent
    Participant

LED sRGB-like display => WLED (WLEDFamily_07Feb11)  unless somebody uploaded a better match to community DB

JanneP
    Participant

Thank you! But this monitor can display a wide gamut too as seen here https://www.rtings.com/monitor/reviews/lg/27gl83a-b#comparison_1550

Does this mean I can use WLEDFamily_07Feb11 for SDR and same correction as 27GL850 for HDR? I read somewhere that 27GL850 has sRGB emulation is this how it works in this monitor as well outside HDR? Sorry this is a bit confusing to me.

Vincent
    Participant

No, if it is a widegamut you should use native gamut spectral correction whatever OSD mode you use.

So this statement holds no more:

Afaik this monitor uses same panel as the 27GL850 but with regular sRGB backlight

There is a thread somewhere in this fourm with a graph with an spectral sample of a “YAG phosphor” backlight that seems close to what nano-ips gamut use. But if it is actually the backlight used in those monitors you will have to make CCSS from that spectral data by yourself (or check for updfates in DisplayCAL CCSS database)

JanneP
    Participant

Yes sorry, I was wrong about the backlight. I will check out that sample.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS