1st Time User – Calibrating Two Monitors

Home Forums Help and Support 1st Time User – Calibrating Two Monitors

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author

Florian Höch
    Administrator

If you want to target a different whitepoint, you have to set that on the calibration tab. The Spyder software is fixed to 6500K afaik.

JReekes
    Participant

Spyder software uses 6500k (recommended), or you can set it to Native. They prefer to not have you use the monitor’s RGB settings.

With DisplayCAL I’ve tried using As Measured, 6500k, Gamma 2.2, sRGB, and a few others I can’t remember. All result with an obvious green cast in the lighter tones.

Either I’m doing something wrong (which I can’t even guess what that might be) or there’s something wrong with the software. I’ve also erased it and reinstalled, getting the same results (including the VM trashing to disk).

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Spyder software uses 6500k (recommended), or you can set it to Native. They prefer to not have you use the monitor’s RGB settings.

It doesn’t tell which measurement mode it uses though. Probably white LED.

With DisplayCAL I’ve tried using As Measured, 6500k, Gamma 2.2, sRGB

Tone curve has no influence on whitepoint (unless set to “As measured”, which means skip calibration entirely). Only measurement mode, correction (should use suitable mode instead for Spyder4/5) and whitepoint (obviously).

All result with an obvious green cast in the lighter tones.

Check in Photoshop if you can.

VM trashing to disk

With 32 GB, there’s definitely no need for the OS to use the swapfile (even 4 GB should suffice). It must be something else (3rd party virus scanner or security software?)

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS